How can i get rid of the smell of cigarettes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdocsvan

Web Programmer
Basically i got this really nice jacket, but soon after i bought it, two of the buttons have popped off. My mum has thankfully offered to repair it.

I'm a bit of a smoker, and so the cuff smells of tobacco. The problem is my parents don't know i smoke (I'm 19, so its legal, i just don't want to be made to feel guilty).

What's an easy way to get rid of the smell?

Bare in mind this is quite a big jacket, so i can't just put it in the washing machine.

Try some febreeze. Nice jackets tend to hold smells, especially smoke, very well. best not to smoke with it on. That's why they have "smoking jackets".

Even that might not cover it up for very long. If your parents aren't smokers then their sense to smell it is FAR greater than yours is. Even if it did, they may wonder why you smell like "Aisle 5" at SuperFresh all the time.

IMO: Tell them you smoke
and then keep the jacket in your car, garage, next to the liter box, in the shed, up on the roof, at a friends?, in a tree house.

If you have a date or something and wish to wear the jacket, take a little time and go to the cleaners. They should be able to wash it for you and get the smell out for the most part.

I know, it's a pain... :(

Oh, i also see that HTML has been disabled in signatures...

What's next?
That change came about due to some errant HTML codes in some signatures messing with the forum. No big loss, as BBCode will handle it if you take the time to put it together. In your case, you would do best to make an image and use that.

Nah i'm not going to tell them.

Also im not a heavy smoker. I usually have about 1 or 2 a day.

Also, my girlfriend smokes as well ;)

Just fabreeze the crap out of it. Fabreeze actually doesnt cover up odors it gets rid of them. My parents are both smokers and when they came to visit earlier this year i had to fabreeze everything because just their clothes stunk up my apt (they smoked on the patio). Although they both smoke cigarellos so thats an even stronger smell to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom