How to break a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
A computer runs purely off of DC, but since there are no DC lines they must something that will convert the AC to DC, taking both halfs of the AC and combining them to be DC... They use some sort of rectifier... Been a year or so since I touched anything of the sort, and I only messed around with t for a week. And incase anyone is unsure, it is the amperage that kills, not the voltage.

Hang on..... I just put 2 and 2 together here on this thread.

K M A N.......
Are you are that you are not talking about yourself, your computer and your parents here on this opening posting.
I seem to remember a certain K M A N complaining about how he had to pour in a few more quid on his PC just so he could play Crysis. And long behold, Crysis has been released.

If it worked, i would try to use the search function to try and dig up that thread.

If that is the case, I am ringing up your mommy and daddy and telling them about how you plan to sabotage your own computer.

My friend, he loves games but has a Dell something or other with a 1.6Ghz P4.

That was before i played the demo of crysis. That game sucks so much.

Your intelligence? Not so much. Your knowledge on the matter? Perhaps.

I'm just stressing the fact that all electricity, regardless of how harmless you may think it is, demands at least a little bit of respect. If people think that a 110v line cannot be lethal and is relatively safe, then they're horribly wrong.

If you're lucky, high voltage will "blow you a good distance". Many people weren't lucky enough and have latched on instead. End result for them was typically being literally cooked from the inside out...some cases I've heard they've blown some holes too....what a way to go.

Even "low voltage" is extremely dangerous...it all depends on the amps...it's not the volts that kill you. A typical 110v wire is more dangerous than a 230v or even higher...110v is just the right voltage to cause all your muscles to contract and not convulse (or at least the ones closest to where your body is making direct contact with the source). Nowadays, that's common knowledge amongst electricians.

Your missing my point completely. I am not disagreeing with you at all so I don't know why you have to reiterate it. Touching the innards fo a computer will not kill you, the voltage is to low and there is too much resistance in the computer's circuitry your self, but the 120v AC line that it is plugged in to can, and yes it can send things across the room if you are dumb enough to try it. Electricity hurts a lot and shouldn't be messed with unless you know what you are doing. I happen to know what I am talking about and every time I approach an electrical project I give it the respect that is needed.

Now I maintain frying the psu by flipping the voltage switch on the back is the easiest way to do it. If it doesn't power on then they will assume its all dead and be more likely to replace it than if it POSTs but brings up errors or anything like that.

Buy yourself a crave crate, finish it with your friend, take turns shitting inside your computer.

or "Mom...Dad...I have decided I will be purchasing the computer myself, thank you for all your help and keeping a roof over my head, sorry for being so dependent over all these years its time I got a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom