How to break a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you just turn off the auto shut off and unplug the cpu fan then it will fry, kill the system and you won't know, just as long as you don't set the thing on fire. lol.

also what you can do is change the psu voltage intake on the outside of the psu where you plug it in from 130w to 215w and that will short the system i believe.

Volts, not watts. And you even got the numbers wrong. :)

You can touch components while it's running?

O_O

Of course, it's only a DC current.

I've done it before. Not always the best idea because I have seen people get shocked but you can do it.

Nothing in there will permanently damage you and/or bring you anywheres close to death....it'll just give you a nice jolt. Except for the capacitors in the PSU...those will give you a really nice jolt....or any of the AC lines that are running in there.

Basically, if you don't understand electricity then you shouldn't be messing around with it.

While decommissioning a few older machines we had at my school, a buddy of mine reached in and pulled out a pci Ethernet card while a machine was powered on. He got a nice little jolt, nothing bad but he didn't do it again.

In my Secondary school some guys i know did something Rather stupid...

We have the Dell Optilex in our School and what they did was at The back you have a Red switch thing at the PSU and what they did is pushed it down and it buggered it up big time lool Was funny because they had to pay for the damage

Simple, dont physically break it because that would make his parents ask questions; like "why the **** is there a hammer stuck in my monitor???" etcetc.

Best thing to do is, skrew your computer inside out, how?

Well if you can go to a computer "MASTER" and get the computer BOMBED
with a "logic bomb" (look it up on google) that would seriously skrew it up.

Oh yeah and if you use IE6 and surf every bad site there is; that will skrew it up az well (be aware that you might get huge phone bill)

Anyway...goodluck (btw i was thinking of destroying my phone "Sagem my-V55" so i understand where you guys are coming from,heheheh)

Bugger the BIOS!

The ceaseless march of progress has made it possible to wreak functionally unfixable harm upon essential computer components without inflicting any physical trauma at all. Modern "flash" BIOSes, which allow the Basic Input/Output System software of a PC motherboard to be upgraded by the user, afford considerable potential for harm.

If a flash BIOS is "flashed" with the wrong data - preferably a BIOS for a completely different motherboard, or, if the flashing software will accept it, even some randomly selected file; an MP3 of William Shatner's "Mr Tambourine Man" is ideal - the motherboard will, upon restarting, utterly fail to do anything useful until its BIOS chip is physically removed and re-burned with correct data. Interrupting the flashing procedure will produce the same results.

If the BIOS is socketed, exchanging it for a working one is disturbingly easy. Fortunately, many current BIOS chips are soldered to the motherboard, and cannot be economically replaced. The iniquitous invasion of motherboards with built-in BIOS backups must be stopped at all costs, lest their terrible reliability paralyse the industry.

I feel this will be the easiest to do and will leave no evidence of physical harm. The only way to recover it is to replace the bios chip, which isn't very easy with modern motherboards. Like what the article says, try using any random file, but if it won't take it use a bios file for another board (which can be downloaded from basically any motherboard manufacturer's website).

If you don't know how to flash I suggest just using google.

Simple, dont physically break it because that would make his parents ask questions; like "why the **** is there a hammer stuck in my monitor???" etcetc.

Best thing to do is, skrew your computer inside out, how?

Well if you can go to a computer "MASTER" and get the computer BOMBED
with a "logic bomb" (look it up on google) that would seriously skrew it up.

Oh yeah and if you use IE6 and surf every bad site there is; that will skrew it up az well (be aware that you might get huge phone bill)

Anyway...goodluck (btw i was thinking of destroying my phone "Sagem my-V55" so i understand where you guys are coming from,heheheh)

I believe you are talking about a nuke, not a "bomb", and i don't think they are around anymore. The last nuke I heard of was for win95 environments anyways.

I still think the best way is to flip the psu voltage switch or flash your motherboard with the wrong BIOS.

Put some water in it turn it on fry it and let it dry out than tell the parents.

lol KMAN your threads never seize to amaze me.

i would flash it with the wrong bois (you can get one for like $15 to replace the bad one after he gets the new computer) then u can fix it and run a folder server :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom