How to break a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
You haven't proven me wrong. And if anything you have backed me up.

Computers are DC. And its the amount of current and level of voltage that determines what it does to you.

I know all about electronics and have made many, please don't try to insult my intelligence.

Your intelligence? Not so much. Your knowledge on the matter? Perhaps.

I'm just stressing the fact that all electricity, regardless of how harmless you may think it is, demands at least a little bit of respect. If people think that a 110v line cannot be lethal and is relatively safe, then they're horribly wrong.

If you're lucky, high voltage will "blow you a good distance". Many people weren't lucky enough and have latched on instead. End result for them was typically being literally cooked from the inside out...some cases I've heard they've blown some holes too....what a way to go.

Even "low voltage" is extremely dangerous...it all depends on the amps...it's not the volts that kill you. A typical 110v wire is more dangerous than a 230v or even higher...110v is just the right voltage to cause all your muscles to contract and not convulse (or at least the ones closest to where your body is making direct contact with the source). Nowadays, that's common knowledge amongst electricians.

I'm just stressing the fact that all electricity, regardless of how harmless you may think it is, demands at least a little bit of respect. If people think that a 110v line cannot be lethal and is relatively safe, then they're horribly wrong.

If you're lucky, high voltage will "blow you a good distance". Many people weren't lucky enough and have latched on instead. End result for them was typically being literally cooked from the inside out...some cases I've heard they've blown some holes too....what a way to go.

Even "low voltage" is extremely dangerous...it all depends on the amps...it's not the volts that kill you. A typical 110v wire is more dangerous than a 230v or even higher...110v is just the right voltage to cause all your muscles to contract and not convulse (or at least the ones closest to where your body is making direct contact with the source). Nowadays, that's common knowledge amongst electricians.

Been there. Done that. Getting thrown accross a room because of electric shock is not a nice feeling.

To add on to this, this is why tazers can be marked at massive amounts of volts, but the reason it doesn't fry your *** is because it has very low amperage. All it can take to stop your heart is more than just 0.1 A if exposed long enough.

My friend needs to break his computer so his parents will buy him a new better one, however, he or me has no idea how to permently screw it up without it being easy to tell someone has deliberetely damaged it, e.g. stabbing hard drive, snapping motherboard. All i could think of was putting the harddrive on a big 12" 700Watt subwoofer, hopefully that would screw it up.

Any ideas ? seriously now.

Hang on..... I just put 2 and 2 together here on this thread.

K M A N.......
Are you are that you are not talking about yourself, your computer and your parents here on this opening posting.
I seem to remember a certain K M A N complaining about how he had to pour in a few more quid on his PC just so he could play Crysis. And long behold, Crysis has been released.

If it worked, i would try to use the search function to try and dig up that thread.

If that is the case, I am ringing up your mommy and daddy and telling them about how you plan to sabotage your own computer.

AC in a computer? Hah....No.

dont be a muppet if your going to argue with me Back your answers up

Anywho, I've grown up dealing with electronics...me and my brothers were always big on those sorts of things

bully for you, so ill just take what you say as fact? have you taken A Level physics? NO, well i have.

and just because your dad is an electrician doesnt mean you instantly inherit his knowledge.

Actually what happens to you depends more on the voltage, current, and what muscles it gets. if its very powerful it will blow you a good distance, but if it is less so and gets the right muscles you will be stuck to it. Also Computers are DC. The power supply takes the AC current and converts it to DC. Running complex circuitry with raw wall power isn't a good idea because the components aren't designed to handle that much power.

CITATION NEEDED.

seriously, you dont back your answers up.

and omg no i never said a computer is run with raw wall power. i know theres a transformer in a power supply, or something... but you dont need to be an expert on PSUs to know about electricity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom