How to break a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just put some strong magnets on it or use a feather duster to "clean" a TV screen and then trudge over to the PC while dragging your sock clad feet along the carpet, as soon as you touch that duster to that mobo say "bye bye" and start looking for a new PC.

Or you could just take out the CPU and and let him give it to his mom saying "Oh my CPU burned out on my PC" that's what my little brother did and he got bumped up from an old Celeron to a 3000+.

Flicking the switch on the back of the PSU may only fry the power supply and not everything else....it's an unreliable method.

Of course, it's only a DC current.

DC = Direct Current
AC = Alternating Current

AC Shock = flying across the room
DC Shock = you wont be able to let go

therefore, DC is actually far more lethal than AC.

apart from that, most countries have AC coming out of the wall socket (i know for a fact it is in the UK) as its safer. therefore its AC in the computer, not DC. ever touched an electric fence? your arm spasms and you hand goes flying back. if it was DC, your finger would become stuck to it. as far as i know, DC is used in Batteries (try licking a 9 volt) and in the live rail on train tracks (pretty much certain death)

/physics lesson

DC = Direct Current
AC = Alternating Current

apart from that, most countries have AC coming out of the wall socket (i know for a fact it is in the UK) as its safer. therefore its AC in the computer, not DC. ever touched an electric fence? your arm spasms and you hand goes flying back. if it was DC, your finger would become stuck to it. as far as i know, DC is used in Batteries (try licking a 9 volt) and in the live rail on train tracks (pretty much certain death)

/physics lesson

Actually what happens to you depends more on the voltage, current, and what muscles it gets. if its very powerful it will blow you a good distance, but if it is less so and gets the right muscles you will be stuck to it. Also Computers are DC. The power supply takes the AC current and converts it to DC. Running complex circuitry with raw wall power isn't a good idea because the components aren't designed to handle that much power.

DC = Direct Current
AC = Alternating Current

/physics lesson

Actually what happens to you depends more on the voltage, current, and what muscles it gets. if its very powerful it will blow you a good distance, but if it is less so and gets the right muscles you will be stuck to it. Also Computers are DC. The power supply takes the AC current and converts it to DC. Running complex circuitry with raw wall power isn't a good idea because the components aren't designed to handle that much power.

Actually, no....not at all. Both of ya' are completely wrong for the most part. I didn't even get into voltage, wattage, and amperage because I don't feel like it....you can have high voltage and low amperage and you'll hardly feel a thing. Blablabla

AC in a computer? Hah....No.

Anywho, I've grown up dealing with electronics...me and my brothers were always big on those sorts of things...and my dad is an electrician...he works for a company that only does industrial and commercial jobs...So, I've heard all kinds of stories and what what will do to you. And what I haven't learned from stories I've either learned the hard way or from common sense (cough cough it's called experience cough cough). Anywho....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom