hotmail upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

hygor

Daemon Poster
many of you have seen my anti gmail stance posted around here (its evil)

but i just recieved an email from hotmail today telling me that they are upgrading my storage to 250mb and upping my attatchment size to 10mb... personally i think this is adequate space for email so i will never need to resort to evil gmail... YAY!!!! :)

so soon hotmail will be 250mb of email storage... and i bet i will never use that much let alone 1gb... and no evil adverts placed on email and no elitist joining policy!!!!

Yeah I've seen that...and for a few bucks you can get 2gb :p
Yahoo also upgraded their mail to 100mb. I'm begining to love this competitions, it's benefitting the end users perfectly :D

Keep it up!

Hey Hygor, do you know how to turn off that feature wehn you click on a link in a hotmail email, a new window is opened with a 1 inch MSN banner at the top with 100% window width. You know..the one that says "You are visiting a site outside of Hotmail....."

That thing is the main reason why I am switching to gmail. Plus my new gmail handler is much shorter, and its not plagued with spam(that part is my fault :D )

i open all my hotmail through thunderbird with the use of hotpopper so when i click links i dont get that banner! but i get your point that can be annoying!

i ahve it

i have gmail and it does kinda suck, nothing to special about it, Outlook alerady has the grouping feature built in, and you can use outlook with hotmail.

NeoNemesis said:
this is old news. They told users about it back in like may.

yeah but they are only doing something about it now... which is why they sent me the mail telling me my capacity would be increased in the next few days!

next few days? I thought it was going to happen in the fall? I know that they already have the virus scans going though.

I'm sticking with my GMail :).

I have to say that I trust Google more then Microsoft...for many reasons. By the way, have you ever read any of Microsoft's privacy policies and EULAs?

qiranworms said:
I'm sticking with my GMail :).

I have to say that I trust Google more then Microsoft...for many reasons. By the way, have you ever read any of Microsoft's privacy policies and EULAs?

very true, but if i have somethimg important to say i use one of my 5 pop accounts or my IMAP account. The hotmail one is the one I use to sign up to things where I may end up getting spam, or if i go away its the easiest one to check from other places.

I will agree Microsoft is evil, prolly the most evil company in the world* but IMO Google and Intel are following closely behind!

*Different subject but proof of evilness: -
My mate bought windows xp home (not knowing any better) then recently forked out the big bucks for Visual Studio .Net only to find out afterwords that even though VS.net works and is compatible with XP home, you do not get the ASP.Net or XML features as these dont work on XP Home, the only place he has found a warning is some very small print on a M$ website, so he has now gone out and bought xp Pro as his project depended on him using asp.net. Which I think totally sucks as if a load of the features do not work then how can you call it compatible, or for the extortionate proce of VS.Net you would have thought they could have included an upgrade to make home compatible with IIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom