hotmail/email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soloman02

In Runtime
hello, got this as junk mail:

now, before you get on my case and say it's only junk mail, listen to this.

it says
To : AlcIowrk@hotmail.com>
but my email address is not the one listed there, so how the heck did i get it in my junk mail folder(i also got 2 others with a to address that is not my email address)

is there a way for some1 to do this? it is really annoying, because I am not even able to claim/buy any of them, cause im not 18 yet! and the other fact that i can't block them, cause all 3 are from diff addresses(same format though) and the domain is crap, cause i can't block a domain, that looks like it probably doesn't exist.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent : Tuesday, January 27, 2004 10:32 PM
To : AlcIowrk@hotmail.com
Subject : Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bachelors, Masters, MBA, and Doctorate
Boost your career, call today! 212-629-1971

here is another one

Sent : Wednesday, January 28, 2004 4:00 PM
To : <3L39Go@msn.com>
Subject : Robert Jimmy

Newest In Mortgage Information
Get free, updated quotes from hundreds of lenders!
http://www.mapquest.com/redir.adp?_dci_url=http://nvxufdhiac.net.suchrrf.com/hl2/?tiairht

well that To field is just what the sender put into the email header when he wrote it. but the fact is that either the real message header contains your email address, or the sender put you in the blind carbon copy. if it's a spam, most possibly is that the sender used some software to craft the email header.

Just enable all junk mail filters .. n' keep ur address book updated .. As far as i know .. that's the only way . u can try stopping spam...

Haha its so out of control its impossible to stop it. What do you think the statistics are of people actually going to those fony sites?

I guess you really wouldn't know what to expect if you had a free email like hotmail or yahoo. Yahoo's Bulk Folder does a pretty good job of keeping the SPAM out, I was impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom