HollyWood is Homo-Sexual

Status
Not open for further replies.
p0werslave said:
No. But I think the movie got the awards because of it having gay crap in it.

Or it probably got awards for doing something totally different and offending some many people. I feel sorry for the cowboys. For shame.

Oscars aren't given just for the movie. Oscars are awarded for many different categories. Movies are judged on directing, writing, acting, filming, editing, production, cinematography, creativity, originality, etc etc etc.
If the critics felt that Brokeback Mountain deserved these awards, then it probably did -- regardless of how 'gay' Hollywood is.

Usually the opinions of the critics arent the same of the public though, they often give 5 stars to awful movies and only a couple for movies that everyone seems to like.

it was boring as **** and the homosexual parts were disgusting, but p0werslave your "gay" comments about it winning is kinda immature but yet again it could be somewhat true

IMO it won because all the girls think it was the perfect love story while all the gay guys liked it

BTW, how many awards did brokeback win? didn't it only win three...

diabloII said:
IMO it won because all the girls think it was the perfect love story while all the gay guys liked it
That's 55% of the population... and if 55% of the population thinks that it should win, then it should.

I missed the Oscars but I saw Brokeback Mountain twice and I thought it was amazing. I know my opinion doesn't count because I'm a girl and therefore I only liked it because it was "the perfect love story", but it was actually a seriously complex love story that wasn't at all perfect. It's also amazing that Ang Lee managed to take four "pop" actors (Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhall, Michelle Williams, Anne Hathaway) and put them in such intense, unusual roles. And I fail to see what's so reproachable about the Academy rewarding movies that take risks.

Well, the movie was innapropriate because cowboys are known for being homophobic more than probably anybody else. A gay cowboy is an oxymoron, it just doesn't exist. The only reason the movie won is because of the objection that the religious right has to homosexuality, and Hollywood is a very secular society that will do anything to make the religious right cringe.

BandwidthHogg said:
Well, the movie was innapropriate because cowboys are known for being homophobic more than probably anybody else. A gay cowboy is an oxymoron, it just doesn't exist.
That's a bit of a blanket statement, don't you think? In fact, since Brokeback came out, I've read several stories about homosexual cowboys who identify with the movie because of their experience living in a repressive environment that didn't allow them to be gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom