Holiday to Canada ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
My family have decided for the annual skiing holiday this year we will venture out of (boring) Europe and go to Whistler, Canada. At least i believe Whistlers in Canada :p

Anyway, it has came to my attention that to travel to the USA you need an ESTA (see: ESTA Online - The ESTA application site for UK citizens) It seems like its basically a short term Visa. Is anything like this required for Canada ? If anyone knows the answer to this, I'd be very great full to know.

One thing is for sure, flying to Canada/US is stupidly expensive. Flights to Switzerland for 8 people = £650 return, as of last years holiday. 8 return flights to Vancouver in Canada is costing £5200 :eek: Ludicrous..

Thanks,
Oreo.

no my friend came to canada from england for 2 weeks as long as you are out of the country in 2 week you have no problems gotta love the comon wealth :D i live in canada have yet to go to whistler but ive been told its one of the nicest places to skii on the plannet, it can take you over 4 hours to get down from the top of most runs.

no my friend came to canada from england for 2 weeks as long as you are out of the country in 2 week you have no problems gotta love the comon wealth :D i live in canada have yet to go to whistler but ive been told its one of the nicest places to skii on the plannet, it can take you over 4 hours to get down from the top of most runs.

Whistler will blow you away, the runs are just great.. I have a buddy posted there. If you wait until January you'll be in BC the same time as the 2010 olympics.

I'm excited about that. I'm going to be working @ the olympics.

Whistler will blow you away, the runs are just great.. I have a buddy posted there. If you wait until January you'll be in BC the same time as the 2010 olympics.

I'm excited about that. I'm going to be working @ the olympics.

bc hotels have been booked for the 2010 games since 2007 lol XD i dont think hel be there in january unless he wants to sleep in the woods. i remember my teacher telling me she got to the top of her run and you look down and you can see the clouds. you can literally ski thrue them and thats not even the top of the mountain!!!

I see, thanks :) I think the winter olympics are February though, the Whistler site says February and all hotels\chalets are fully booked for February, but fine in January.
Wow.. you can spend a lot on accommodation. Some places are like 5000 Canadian dollars per night. I think we'll be spending 1/3rd of that :p
The thing that also worries me is the Jet lag, as we would only be able to go for 7days.

Oh also, is Vancouver a French or English speaking city ? I seem to remember reading somewhere that some cities in Canada speak french and some speak English.

vancouver is english and manderin. there isnt many french people on the west coast closer you are to quebec the more french you will get. so do not worry about vancouver its very very english.

A lot of the west coast Canada is mostly English. I live in Washington and travel up there often. Nice place whistler is. Amazingly amazing terrain park.

You don't need the visa at all Oreo. That's only for the US.

There is absolutely no french in Vancouver. Even all the Chinese speak english so you don't have to worry.

You don't need the visa at all Oreo. That's only for the US.

There is absolutely no french in Vancouver. Even all the Chinese speak english so you don't have to worry.

No french, but you might want to touch up on your Newf... But being English, you might get most of whats being said...

Unless theyre drunk Scottish Newfs....... Ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom