Hockey Fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MST3kGeek

Baseband Member
To all the hockey fans, if any;

whatve you been doing to quench your taste for hockey during the missing season :confused: ?

I played alot of nhl on my PS2 for awhile hoping it wouldn't have to last this long, then i went through a time where i didnt even wanna watch or do anything hockey. but i just started watching the local ECHL long beach team on a los angeles based local station. kinda hard to get anything in the desert of southern california that has to do with hockey :p

i miss my kings :angry:

i love hockey...but all ive done since the lockout is play it...here in toronto....there are alot of people interested in the nhl...i just hope it comes back

I go to our college hockey teams games. They almost beat UND, we were ahead 3-0 in the second, then they came back and tied. Damnit. Our team is pretty good considering, got at least one guy gonna get drafted, lost our awesome goalie and a few others to Europe. But yep on Friday's and Sturdays we go the the games. Pretty good for a small school like ours to be D1, but we had to be cause we were national champs a while bunch of the last years in it. Minnesota!!!

I've taken up drinking Canadian beer.

It's drastic, I know...but under the circumstances...

Nope, don't miss it. I can think of better things to do than sit around watching a bunch of whiny millionares play a game they don't even respect anymore.

Instead of watching the Wild, I was my "local" highschool team. The team consits of a couple of schools, since no one school has enough hockey players there. In fact, I'm going to one of the games tonight. -[Wo0t!]-

Nope, don't miss it. I can think of better things to do than sit around watching a bunch of whiny millionares play a game they don't even respect anymore.

thats why i typed "to hockey fans" :p :p

while i know what youre saying and its rich owners argueing with rich players... and both sides have their wrongs...

they do get payed far less than most professional sports, and in my opinion anyway, they care alot more about their sport than most other pro-athletes. thats why you see so many players going to europe just to play and people like scott gomez basically paying more money out of his own pocket to play for his local team in the ECHL.

eh, didnt really care to get into an arguement over the situation, but yeah just had to say something. :p but, nonetheless i catch your drift.

Yeah, geek basically said what I was going to.

They get paid squat compared to most every other sport, but yeah fact remains the same though.

i have been associated with hockey since i was 5. i am a fan don't get me wrong. but in todays market, with their fan base, they cannot rival the mlb salaries.
expanding to weaker markets, plus the dwindling canadian buck and watered down teams all lead down this path, now they scramble to try and fix it. good luck.
maybe next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom