Hockey anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, the Caps are doing pretty good too. Ovechkin is on FIRE! And I personally would love to see the Bruins and the Caps go head to head. They are my two teams after all, lol.

Bruins in 5
Caps in 6
Wings in 5
Hawks in 7

My predictions. Have to go call my Bor in law now and brag. He thought that the Rangers would beat the Caps. :p

I'm surprised you guys all think the Caps will beat the Pens! The Penguins have been the best team in hockey over the last month or so, since they got a new coach. I think the only team that'll stop em are the Bruins.

While that may be, I think Ovechkin can out play Crosby/Malkin. I mean he hasnt been the leading Goal Scorer for the past 2 years for nothing....

Dont get me wrong, the Pens are good. But i dont think they are that good. The Caps are very physical. Just like the Bruins. Which is why they were able to take out the Rangers. They just beat on them till the end.

I dont see the Pens being able to take that much abuse. Crosby/Malkin are not used to getting hit that much like the Caps/Bruins will do.

While that may be, I think Ovechkin can out play Crosby/Malkin. I mean he hasnt been the leading Goal Scorer for the past 2 years for nothing....

Dont get me wrong, the Pens are good. But i dont think they are that good. The Caps are very physical. Just like the Bruins. Which is why they were able to take out the Rangers. They just beat on them till the end.

I dont see the Pens being able to take that much abuse. Crosby/Malkin are not used to getting hit that much like the Caps/Bruins will do.

I can understand your point here, but as far as Ovechkin goes, it all depends on which Ovechkin we see. In the first two games against the Rangers, he was just plain awful. He had about 50 shots by himself total in the first 2 games, with no goals. Most of the shots were horrible angles, and he was just being selfish. There are other great players on that team, like Semin, Backstrom, and Green, that can score goals. Ovechkin is one of the most athletic players in hockey, great at stick handling and positioning, but his ego can get in the way of the team's performance every now and then.

Meanwhile Malkin had the most points this season, and so far in the playoffs, and Crosby is incredible as well. The two of them are also on seperate lines, so Ovechkin can't block both of them, and the Caps don't have that good of a defense, and you never know with such a young and inexperienced goalie in Varlamov.

Ovechkin doesnt have to block both of them. That is what Green is for. ;)

Ove can take Crosby and Green and Semin will take Malkin.

Your right he was horrid the first couple of games. But he turned it around. Just as anyone should when they are that close to elimination.

I just dont think the Pens got it. I dont see it from them. They beat the Flyers, and Biron while good, was not great in that series.

While the Pens have some talent, stopping Malkin and Crosby basically stops them. Put Ove on one and Semin on the other with Green out there for defense and you pretty much have them stopped.

Varlamov may be young but he has experience. Not in the NHL but he has playoff experience. He played in the Russian League i think last year? I know they were talking about it his first start of the series. That he was in some major playoffs last year. Maybe the International League or something. I would put it on him to play very well as he did against the Rangers. Was better than Lunquist.

this is what playoff hockey is all about though. Every game is a new experience and you never know.

I wonder about the caps goaltending, my money is on the Penguins. They've got two of the best players in the NHL right now, and they're team has more playoff experience. I also think their team has more depth than the caps (although so did NY).

As well I don't think Crosby and Malkin will have a problem taking hits. People said Gretzky wouldn't be able to play with the big boys when he entered the league, and they said it again with Crosby. I haven't seen him struggle, although admittedly I haven't watched him play too much (other than highlights, which don't give you a feel for much).

Boston - Canucks for the finals. Canucks take it in game seven, double overtime.
Or at least I'll have a couple dreams like that. :p

Malkin doesnt have issues taking hits. Crosby does. If anyone touches Crosby the rest of the team comes in to his rescue. To me that isnt the way it should be. I almost died laughing when he got into that fight with Johen Hecht of the Sabres and LOST. I mean seriously.

The Pens dont have it. Varlamov is good. He showed it in the first game. Yeah he got scored on by Crosby early. But he also stuffed him with almost god like moves later.

I watched just about every game this playoff season. The Caps want it more. To come from a 3-1 deficit to win the series 4-3 shows me that they want it. The Pens dont. Not as bad as teh Caps. Not to mention the riverly between Ove and Crosby gets under Sydney's skin.

So far my predicition about the Blackhawks and Canucks is right on. lop sided games both ways already. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom