HMM: HD DVD Should "Knock It Off" for Inevitable Blu-ray Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give it a rest and go back to VHS Tape will you.

Could I as the mods on tech forums just to merge all these HD-DVD / BluRay threads together. And just have one big HD DVD vs. Blu Ray thread.

that would be kinda wierd, because as new news comes out we have to make a new post otherwise some members will just be like ZOMG a 53 page post, also a new post is fun, that way we dont have to quote something or correct someone that posted like 50 pages ago. just my $0.02

well last i heard is the netflicts is turning to HD DVD, but that was awhile ago, don't know whats going to happen. and if it (did) or does happen, it will be all HD got, cause doesn't blockbuster going blueray? which would make an interesting battle.

What? It's like reading Harper's rants on ToV.

YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give it a rest and go back to VHS Tape will you.

Could I as the mods on tech forums just to merge all these HD-DVD / BluRay threads together. And just have one big HD DVD vs. Blu Ray thread.

See what I mean? :p Harper just ignore these threads if ya don't wanna read about it.

I would have to agree. They need to get it over with and let blu-ray take over.... Just for the sake of the movie industry.

Pretty much, I've never had an HD DVD Player or even an HD DVD so I don't really give 2 hoots. As soon as Blu-ray players get a tad more affordable I'll buy one or a build an HD HTPC using a Blu-ray burner for my media. Until then I'm fine with just watching regular plain DVDs.

y would u use HDDVD for backup purposes?

HDDVD single Layer 15GB
Blu-ray single layer 25GB

Because my laptop has an HD-DVD burner already, and it would be cheaper for me to stick to HD-DVD for backup instead of going pure blu-ray, blu for movies, hd-dvd for backups... That is why I want to see more hybrid drives...

I think we should move to streaming or to massive storage. I think single buy medium is the past.

500gb hard drives are $100 now. I think a company like Tivo could beat out both of them with on demand movies and massive storage DVRs.

Because my laptop has an HD-DVD burner already, and it would be cheaper for me to stick to HD-DVD for backup instead of going pure blu-ray, blu for movies, hd-dvd for backups... That is why I want to see more hybrid drives...

ya but where are you going to buy blank-media? every time i got to a major electronics store CC, BB, Frys, the only have Blank Blu-ray media. GB per GB on blank media Blu-ray is the obvious choice for storage.

I vote people should "knock it off" with these fanboi posts. Like i say in every other thread, why pay double the price for blu-ray when its only a minimal upgrade over DVD. Theres no way you can tell me it costs double to produce a bd disk over a standard dvd.

I vote people should "knock it off" with these fanboi posts. Like i say in every other thread, why pay double the price for blu-ray when its only a minimal upgrade over DVD. Theres no way you can tell me it costs double to produce a bd disk over a standard dvd.
If blu-ray (burners + blank discs) was double the price of DVD's, I wouldn't mind paying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom