HIV case cured?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's such a helpless feeling. It makes me want to throw on a "**** cancer" t-shirt and ride bike across the US to raise money or do something else semi extreme to raise money for the cause/research. It's such a pathetic feeling to just sit here and... watch... with nothing else to do or any other ways to help.

Apparantly 1 in 3 people get some form of cancer in their lives.
That's really scary to think about and I've seen it first hand lately. Last year my fiancee was diagnosed with a very early cervical cancer that caused a miscarriage luckily they caught it and it was easily removed and for the past year my step grandfather has been fighting stomach cancer. One of my ex band mates and close friends brother has a cancerous brain tumor and everyday he lives is special to them

This is why I fold.

The thing about cancer is, it's usually genetic degradation.
There are two things that need to occur for a cell to become cancerous
The first one is a malfunction of the system to detect harmful mutations - the cell is supposed to destroy itself
The second one is a malfunction of the system of determining when to copy itself - or more specifically when not to copy itself (if it is in the wrong location, or if there are already enough of the right type of cell in its location)

A cancerous cell makes copies of itself when it shouldn't, often in places it shouldn't be.

I think one interesting approach to combatting cancer is the use of a virus, such as the cold virus, to destroy cancerous cells - with the side effect of having a cold (wouldn't you rather have a cold for a few days than life threatening cancer?)
If a virus can be manufactured to target cancerous cells specifically, that may be quite effective.

One of the problems with cancer is that there are a lot of different types of it, often requiring a different type of treatment or cure.

So why not create different types of the common cold to combat each type :D

I was thinking.. You know how cancer cells disguise themselves as normal cells. Why not create normal disease fighting cells that disguise themselves as cancer cells in order to know who to kill.

Kind of like inserting a mole into the mob to find crooked cops right? yeah. I like it lol.

So why not create different types of the common cold to combat each type :D
I think people are trying to do something like it. It's just easier said than done.

I was thinking.. You know how cancer cells disguise themselves as normal cells. Why not create normal disease fighting cells that disguise themselves as cancer cells in order to know who to kill.

Kind of like inserting a mole into the mob to find crooked cops right? yeah. I like it lol.
I don't think it makes sense to 'disguise' a cell as cancerous.

IT MAKES SENSE IN MY HEAD! lol.. So do a lot of other things that don't make sense to anyone else. I figure I am either a genius or insane..

IT MAKES SENSE IN MY HEAD! lol.. So do a lot of other things that don't make sense to anyone else. I figure I am either a genius or insane..

So liked SAS Stem cells?? Go where no others dare!**

I just need some stem cells to regenerate spinal cords and i'm happy.... but i do like the Steve Austin route.... and no not the wrestler

**Don't kill me Saxon, i know its not right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom