Hey look! i caught a fish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
aliasaid said:
if you already have fish why you go fishing?

you hurt a fish by putting a hook through its lip, then you take it for the ride of its life and nearly give it a heart attack, then you take it out of the water and have it not breath for a few minutes.. then gingerly throw it back in the water like some hero.

you don't need to be an animal activist to see that what you're doing is cruel.

but hey, you had fun, and thats all that matters.

If it hurt fishes, the would make noise. They're too stupid to feel pain, muahaha! muahahaha! :beard:

By the way, what was the largest you've ever caught from shore, H4x3r?

haha, the largest i've caught from the shore was a 7lb large mouth on 6lb test (that was fun!)....i was fishing for crappie too!

aliasaid said:
you don't need to be an animal activist to see that what you're doing is cruel.

OH my god dude. lol seriously... CRUEL? How is catch and release cruel? It's not like he got the fish onboard... smacked it around with a hammer.... threw it around in the boat and put it back in the water to float and die.

Personally, When I fish... My intentions are to keep and eat. But, sometimes I'll catch something, I don't eat or wouldn't eat, or is too small to keep. So, I remove the hook... Like i've done 10 thousand times... with very little damage. And release... The fish usually are gone in a flash... no injury, no cruelty. I guess if you're a total noob and you yank the hook out of it's mouth and damage it's jaw then throw it into the water, i'd say ok, kinda cruel and stupid.

But on the other hand, one of my shark fishing trips, the boats captain took out a shot gun and blasted a 6 foot blue shark... That was cruel.. but kinda cool.

nice :D ....i can't stand it when people rip the hook out of their mouth...also, fish don't have feeling in their lips

Yeah. True. Although I must also admit, that i'm actually pretty rough with "bluefish". Those suckers are like saltwater pirhana, but 3 to 20LBS. They have nasty sharp teeth, that i've actually had a part of my toe biten off from. Teeth sharp enough to rip through steel leaders of heavy gauges.

But stipers, i'm really careful with. They don't have teeth so, with my glove I will stick my hand down their throat to retreive a hook.

ya, they just got a lil rough lip...kinda like sandpaper..dont hurt...what i do hate is when they swallow the hook completely and it goes to the stomache...then u gotta cut her lose and re rig... (dont worry aliasaid ...the hook disolves and the fish is fine...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom