Hey guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobojuice

WOOOOOOOO
Just wondering if anyone on this forum has been divorced. And if you have been, got any advice for me? My wife has decided to throw in the towel...

Aww no way man.... Do you mind if I ask how old you are and how long you've been married? I'm only 20 and have no advice for you, but I know it can't be good. Any legit reasons? I hope you get some good advice and everything goes well for you

Damn, I'm only 18...but I'm sorry man that must be hard, good luck with everything :(

Sorry to hear that buddy. The best thing you can do is try and talk it over. See if councelling is an option. if all else fails, and she still wants to divorce, then your best bet is to get it over with as quickly as possible, so that you can move on in life.

Best of luck to you.

Well, im 23 and we beem married for almost two years. I'll be turning 24 in december. I tried getting her to go to counseling but, she doenst want to, and i dont think its gonna do any good. Its pretty f-ed up but i guess its for the better. I mean, i pretty much felt it might not last.

I've been divorced 2 times already and am only 35. My advice is that since you already knew it wasn't gonna last is to just let it go as hard as it may seem. Not saying you have to stop loving her, just accept the fact that its overwith and occupy yourself with something (not someone cuz thats dangerous) that you enjoy or that is productive, and when I say occupy your self doesn't mean going to bars and drinking yourself sick all the time. External substances only make the pain and anger last longer cuz instead of your brain having to deal with its emotions and work thru them it is numbed and fooled into not dealing with it.

Whew.....I think I missed my calling as a therapist.....hahaha j/k

......and don't let her take the computer......j/k

I'm sorry but I have no advice at all on this subject. I'm only 15 and have never had a divorce (let alone a marriage). Did you two just grow apart from each other or is she after another person?

-Dan The Man

Thanks for the advice jak. Dan, it was all her on this divorce thing. I still love her like crazy but i know theres nothing i can do. Im just trying to accept it now, and get on with my life.

I see...wow...are you going to counseling for this? Not marriage counseling but like, counseling that will help you get through this?

-Dan The Man

occupy yourself with something (not someone cuz thats dangerous)
Yes this is very true. My brother went to sea for two months on a naval ship and his wife (also in the navy) cheated on him while he was away...he came back, she told him cause he had also noticed, and on top of that was pregnant =/ They had to wait 9 months to get a paternity test, thank god it wasn't his, but he's one of those that goes from one girl to the next, never helps. Good luck bobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom