Hewlett Packard Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
gemiller said:
Ya, that's what I said up there, but (he) said (he) didn't know how.

(She) (She) Uh Oh.....The last time I looked I was female. I hope things haven't changed since then. *looking down shirt* Yep, I'm still female. *LOL*

I wish I was smart enough to build my own computer, but I wouldn't even know where to begin, or what to do first. I'd be better off trying to build a car, at least I understand them and would know where to start. :)

Hmm.......I guess nobody got the hint about building me a computer. How much would it cost to get someone to do that for me? Someone smart and brilliant and all those things I'm not. *looking terribly cute while asking*

hey mistic,
I bet if asked really nice you could have any one of several people show you how to build your own pc. If i I can locate it I will send you the step by step i did for one of my students.

Microsoftne, that would be really nice of you to send me those directions. Is it hard to build a pc. About how much does it cost? Where do you get the stuff to do it with? Sorry so many ?'s. I have no idea what I'm getting myself into. :)

MisticStorm said:
Microsoftne, that would be really nice of you to send me those directions. Is it hard to build a pc. About how much does it cost? Where do you get the stuff to do it with? Sorry so many ?'s. I have no idea what I'm getting myself into. :)

Where to get? tiger direct, any cheap place for parts
Cost: cheaper than buying a prebuilt system
Hard: No, just take care to not give it a static charge!

HP support has major problems. My friend had a Jornada that had to be sent in...they managed to fix it, cause another problem while doing so, where he then sent it back, they sent it to Sascatuan! After 6 months, he ended up with a faulty old IPaq 3870 (thanks to the merger...they had no more discontinued Jornadas). He's trying now to get his money back...the 3870 was faulty. He bought a Dell Axim, but still has the 3870 in the shell waiting to be sent back to HP. (Keeps calling about the money...they don't respond very well...)

About building Mysticstorm, you can easily find a guide. You really have to get a Mainboard that fits your case (you have to get that too), install a CPU, power management devices, fans, RAM, and several PCI cards for graphics, sound, network, and modem. Then you need a floppy disk drive, (not really, anymore), a CD drive, and a Hard drive. It's usually cheaper then buying a similar system prebuilt. AND, you get to choose EXACTLY what goes into your system so everything you pay for is something you actually want. :)

People say that parts support is a problem when you build yourself, but I'd assume that you'd get far better support from individual manufacturers of the components then from the major computer company. If I didn't want a laptop as my main system, I would have definetly built it.

I bought a Pavalion too. No XP CD, no real manual, nothing. It isn't cool for them to do that. Heck, it's hardware is so propiertary that Linux can't recognize at least one thing on it. I like Windows but I would like to play with Limux too. Nope. HP makes junk and over-charges us for it.

Thats my rant.

No offense to anyone, but I'll never, ever own an HP. I'm glad I built my own computer. I'd rather invest my money on the things I want and not on the 'what you see is what you get' thing. I have a friend that has problems with his HP and almost saw him literally tear the thing to shreads. I just don't think it's worth spending a bunch of money on something that's going to cause a lot of headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom