Help with TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

M16

In Runtime
I had my 25" RCA tv for about 2 years now. About a month ago it started skipping channels all by it self. It always skips down and sometimes the volume goes up to. Also when it is skipping channels the power butten on the tv won't work. I know it's not the remote because every time a butten is pressed a red light comes on. The tv also has guide plus gold. I have 2 computers and they have 2way wireless DSL and the signel kinda goes throw the tv. Could it be the singnel make it do that? And I now have a 14" RCA tv I got out of the extra bedroom, it works fine but its to small. I wunt my old tv back.

Please and thank you for your help

As a simple test, check whether the strange behaviour happens when you have the netowkr powered off. If it doesn't happen you have interference problems. If it does your TV should probably be put to rest...

Your wireless DSL could cause interference. Try shutting down PC and check if the same problem happens. If it does, you might want to try and remove the remote batteries and double check. If that doesn't work, try and clean your TV (unplug first because there are some high voltages) with canned air since dust might cause that problem with your tuner. If that doesn't do it, then bring it to a repair shop.

If you do take the back off your TV give it at least a few hours after you unplug it. There are some very large capacitors in TV's. If these are still charged and they discharge through you they can easily pack enough current to kill you stone dead.

I forgot to post this in the 1st one the tv sometimes does it,when it first started I will press power on the tv later on it will start skipping. And when I turn it on with the remote it wont do it. Now it has gotten where no matter what I use to turn it on it will start skipping (not instant it will start skipping in about 10min. to about 30min.) And I have took the batteries out of the remote and it still does it. I also have my internet on almost all day and when I turn in the tv in the daytime with the internet on it will start doing it. With the internet still on I turn it on at night and and it wont do it. I have cable in my room and the tv now has bunny ears antana. The tv has been on in the extera bedroom for about 4 hours now with the bunny ears and it has not done it.

Sounds like external interference. Have you checked the web to see if anyone else is having similar problems?

M16 said:
I had my 25" RCA tv for about 2 years now. About a month ago it started skipping channels all by it self. It always skips down and sometimes the volume goes up to. Also when it is skipping channels the power butten on the tv won't work. I know it's not the remote because every time a butten is pressed a red light comes on. The tv also has guide plus gold. I have 2 computers and they have 2way wireless DSL and the signel kinda goes throw the tv. Could it be the singnel make it do that? And I now have a 14" RCA tv I got out of the extra bedroom, it works fine but its to small. I wunt my old tv back.

Please and thank you for your help
DUDE!!!! Do you have one of those LONG LIFE LOW ENERGY light bulbs in your TV Room.

If you do, change it over to an normal light bulb as see if same thing happens.

When i have living with my parents, my TV would do the same thing from time to time. I then moved out. I did not have a problem at all..... until about 2 years later when I installed a LONG LIFE LOW ENERGY light bulb in the room. It took me 1 or 2 more purchases of Long Life Low Energy Light bulbs until I found of that did not interfere with my TV.

It turns out that some of those light bulbs screw about with your remote signals. Like my parents where having problems with their remotes working intermittantly until they made a change.
silence782 said:
Sounds like external interference. Have you checked the web to see if anyone else is having similar problems?

Effectively, it is with SOME of those long life light bulbs. Some put out some sort of signal that screws over infrared. And the affects can differ between brand of tv and light bulb.

When i was at home, it would cause the TV to increase the volume to max.

When i moved out, (different band of light bulb), it would cause the TV channels to change.

And there was my parents, where their remotes would work interminantly.

Currently, my current living room light bulb is one of those UNBRANDED ones. So I can not tell you what brand they are. And I can not for the life of me remember what my previous ones are either.

Re: Re: Help with TV

Silesia said:
DUDE!!!! Do you have one of those LONG LIFE LOW ENERGY light bulbs in your TV Room.

If you do, change it over to an normal light bulb as see if same thing happens.

When i have living with my parents, my TV would do the same thing from time to time. I then moved out. I did not have a problem at all..... until about 2 years later when I installed a LONG LIFE LOW ENERGY light bulb in the room. It took me 1 or 2 more purchases of Long Life Low Energy Light bulbs until I found of that did not interfere with my TV.

It turns out that some of those light bulbs screw about with your remote signals. Like my parents where having problems with their remotes working intermittantly until they made a change.

Effectively, it is with SOME of those long life light bulbs. Some put out some sort of signal that screws over infrared. And the affects can differ between brand of tv and light bulb.

When i was at home, it would cause the TV to increase the volume to max.

When i moved out, (different band of light bulb), it would cause the TV channels to change.

And there was my parents, where their remotes would work interminantly.

Currently, my current living room light bulb is one of those UNBRANDED ones. So I can not tell you what brand they are. And I can not for the life of me remember what my previous ones are either.

No I don't. I have a 75W 120V SOFT WHITE light bulb. They are a Wal-Mart brand (I think). I'd had this light bulb in for a while so would it have skipped then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom