Help me stay awake !

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I have to pull all-nighters for school (and trust me, I've had some truly epic ones!) I go for the Green Tea, no joke. And not that sugared down Arizona stuff but the organic cane sugared iced green tea that's like $1.50 a bottle. Honest Tea, Tazo, something like that. Keep drinking those and the caffeine content, although not super high, stretches out long enough that I don't really get that tired. Lately I've been rocking dried fruit, such as mangoes, as well because it's sorta healthy and has quite a bit of sugar, too.

I also take some breaks, so do something serious for a couple hours (clean/fix/research/work on something) and the reward yourself with an hour or two of video games or some such.

For the energy drinks I did NOS for a while but I came to dislike the taste of it. AMP (orange is my fav flavor) is my current one and it's chock full of caffeine, taurine, and vitamin B12. All stuff that'll help keep you awake. The crash off a couple of those isn't so fun, though, and that's why I try to have iced green tea instead. No crash from that stuff and isn't so crappy for you.

LOL you should try shift work!!!! try doing changes like that once a week or more. I just got off work but I'm staying awake because I'm going to late nights... so I have to stay up from now (3am) to 10(am) It really dosen't help that I got up at 9AM yesterday morning.

Oreo, the way to get your sleeping schedule back on target is not to do something drastic to your cycle like staying up all night.

You need to just slowly adjust your pattern...some people can do it in a few days and others need more like a week or 2.

If you want to go to bed earlier and wake up earlier just try moving your "bedtime" up by 30 min each night and wake up earlier by 30 min each morning.

However my method for getting back on schedule the fastest is to just jump straight to my normal school sleep schedule which is by doing some heavy aerobic exercise during the day to get your body nice and tired...then about 30 min to 1 hour before you sleep take some melatonin...it will help reset your sleep cycle. Do this for just 2 days and you will find that you are already back in your schedule.

Rockstar, Rockstar Juiced, Full Throttle, Red Bull, Red Line... whatever it takes.

Full Throttle is a good one, that takes me back to my days at Circuit City. They carried it for like a year before switching to Rock Star (nasty!) and I'd drink one almost every day I worked. Haven't had one of them in a long time.

I failed. :p

I fell asleep walking to the kitchen. oh yes i was that tired. That was at 9am, i woke up in the same place just 30 mins ago :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom