Help me get fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
you could also carry around a few celery stalks in your back pocket ;) Burns more calories to just chew it, let alone digest, than it puts out for ya. To be honest, I think the first step should learn how to make your own pizza and chinese food. Then you'll delve deeper into making your own foods and you'll have a lot of fun with it creating things you like. also making your own pizza can be a lot healthier than take out pizza. Use whole wheat crust instead of normal, use a low sodium sauce, use store bought mozzarella, and low sodium pepperoni. Much less fat, carbs and sodium than a dominos pizza. and much better tasting IMO.

Also, walking and running are great ways to get in shape, but can put a lot of stress on your joints, swimming is an extremely low resistance activity that works a lot more muscle groups than just walking/running alone. Also aerobics can be lots of fun.

SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

well, almost. there's actually a pill being developed with chemicals from marijuana that will help folks lose weight.

but weed makes you hungry as ****. hahah.

i'm not saying it doesn't work...I just think people can get the same results without *buying* some special program. healthy diet and cardio is key

not everyone knows how to properly do that tho. also im not buying it im borrowing it from a friend so it isnt costing me anything exept effort. i do plan on makign a results thread once ive started and finished.

SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

well, almost. there's actually a pill being developed with chemicals from marijuana that will help folks lose weight.

You could also just get addicted to crack, coke or heroin, or maybe all three. you will lose weight and heck! you wont have enough money for food. definitely will lose weight that way.

yeah but you might miss classes which isn't good. I mean I'm just trying to look out for his lively hood. If he took a year off to get fit, then it would be ok.

WeightWatchers is not hard, but it works off of a point system. The formula for the points is a bit arcane [(calories/50) + (fat/12) - (fiber{max of 4}/5)], but the literature has a book of standard stuff with point values, and they have a sliding point calculator for them.

Your number of points per day is based off of a few factors. Your base points is your weight divided by 10 (there is a max allowed for this, but I don't remember it offhand), some many for your age (the younger you are the more you get extra), your sex (men get 8 extra :D), and the type of job you do (sedentary jobs get no bonus). When you eat, you keep track of your points.

You get 35 extra points per week that you can use whenever, and you can save points from one day for another, but you have to remain within reason, of course.

There are lots of foods with very low or no points. Some foods are high in points. Basically, you can eat whatever... so long as you count your points. Salad greens are free, as are tomatoes, onions, olives, raw carrots... top it with a fat-free dressing and you have a zero point snack or even a meal. Want to add some chicken? Count the points and away you go. You want cheesecake? Find the point total and count them off, just stay within your limit.

Couple this with some exercise and you are well on your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom