Help Me Find A Sub Kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
Looking to buy a starter sub kit for my car. What i've seen around online is kits that include 2 subs, an enclosure and amp(Some included wiring kits too, that's a plus =]). I'm looking to spend $200 or less, I know they wont be anything special, just something to add a bit of bump to my car. I have no clue where to look besides ebay for car audio products online.

Links please??
Thanks

10 gauge or 8 gauge is fine.

But 250w rms spread across two subs is pretty low wattage, dont expect any large amounts of boom.

In fact, you may be a bit disappointed.

Those are 200w rms subs so to move them good you should be using at least a 400w rms monoblock.

save up for something of quality. trust me. DONT BUY audiobahn, sony, or any walmart brands. if you can, buy a alpine type r, and power it with a quality amp. Then you need a good Head unit. you wont get by with 200. thats like making a computer with a hundred bucks. and make your own box! dont just build a box any size, get your subs to be tuned with the box especially. i had guys on caraudio.com forums help me with that.

i have 2 alpine type r's (12s) running off a aq1200d, bass wise. then you probally also want to run better components up front, or else youll have heavy bass with no actual music.

gotta love the stereotypes on sound equipment.

You've got to go by specs, not a name. In some cases, a name does matter (when your talking price ranges in the thousands to hundred thousands).

Check out crutchfield for their opinions on things. Don't buy from them unless its a good deal as you can get MUCH better deals elsewhere on the same "combo" or piece-by-piece.

Check out ebay... there are some pretty "good" kits out there that go for <200 including everything but wiring kit. Just make sure you do your research, including checking reviews. Tip on the reviews: IGNORE the ones that say "these are frickin awesome, i bump so loud my mirrors fell off". Those reviews are garbage. Filter through the 100's of them and find the ones that actually took time to write a thorough and detailed review of the product. When it comes to subs, a good review is hard to come by since everyone has their own setup.

Edit: I have a "system" in my car. It has some "decent" equipment and I spent no more than $100 on the subs and amp. I have won competitions for sound quality from this car. If you buy the right product to fit your needs, and set it up the way it should be, you'll have exactly what you want.

name does matter. the same as evga or xfx vs a noname card. and some of the lesser quality brands dont preform up to there rating. ie my aq actually does 1200 at 1ohm, while some amps say they will but wont.

I was looking for one for mine too... during Black Friday there was a very good deal from Circuit City which was these following items packaged for only $180.00

circuitcity.com

Now the price is up to $249.99

However, if you go to Best Buy's website, they have a deal for this week which is...

Kenwood Car Audio Package

The price for that is $299.99 which includes...
Kenwood - 1000W Class D Bridgeable Mono Amplifier with Variable Crossover - Black/Blue
Kenwood - 12" 4-Ohm Single-Voice-Coil Subwoofer (x2)
Fierce Audio - Dual 12" Sealed Subwoofer Enclosure - Gray

I find that a very good deal... though I cannot afford it atm I would really want it though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom