Help me decide TF

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I don't buy used gear. There's just too many dishonest people looking for the "schmuck." You effed up your chip...live with it. Don't try to pass that mistake onto an unsuspecting person. So you've been screwed, but two wrongs don't make a right. Hold off...SB is right around the corner and will blow your current rig away.

The person whos getting my chip now knows everything about it. How many times do i need to reiterate myself or do i need the thread locked? And people on Craigslist dont typically look for a chip thats stock at 2.26 and automatically expect it to run at 4ghz which is why i was gonna sell there. **** i sold an FX57 last year for 170 bucks on Ebay. People simply dont care which is also why i said if i sell something on a forum i make sure its MINT because i dont treat the people i interact with everyday the same way ive been treated over at TPU. I suppose you intentionally missed that bit of information? Oh, of course everyone likes to misread what i type. See what i mean Mike?

Yeah, I know what your saying loud and clear, when you do sell stuff and it maybe a lil bit faulty say so ahead of time and that way it will prevent problems down the road.
If I were you right now just tell the person the chip maybe messed abit but it still works and provide him the info from cpu-z and and a pic of bios showing the cpu cores.

Some people will take a 3 core i5 cpu's others won't it's a give and take when you sell with anybody.
Keep it real and keep the price meaningfull and you'll get something different down the road. ;)

Hes a real good friend and has known about the chip since the very hour i received it from Intel RMA lol. He says if it runs Intel Burn Test for over an hour at stock he will take it cause its not going to be OCed or game.

The person whos getting my chip now knows everything about it. How many times do i need to reiterate myself or do i need the thread locked? And people on Craigslist dont typically look for a chip thats stock at 2.26 and automatically expect it to run at 4ghz which is why i was gonna sell there.

Yeah but their is a huge difference between a chip that is a poor overclocker from the factory and one that someone damaged by screwing up an overclock. Personally I wouldn't trust a damaged chip at any settings but I care more about the integrity of my data than a lot of people seem to.

Considering itll be used in an HTPC connected to a file server im sure hes not to worried. If he intended on using it in his main pc i would net let him have it since hes a real good friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom