Help - Lost Amazon Order :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, I purchased an Apple iPod Classic 120GB as a christmas present for my girlfriend, it was supposed to be delivered today via UPS (Dec. 24, 2008) and I have been checking UPS' tracking website to track my package and according to it, my package was delivered at my front porch at around 5:00 PM or something like that. I immediately went outside when I saw that update and then when I checked outside, there was no package in sight. I looked outside thinking that the UPS Delivery person put it someplace so other people walking by wouldn't see it (though I doubt anyone would be able to see it since we have a driveway and you have to walk right to the front door to see any packages laying there). But there was nothing there.... I have searched everything... I even went through all the snow since its been snowing really hard here in Spokane, I went through all my neighbors house, roughly about 6-10 blocks of houses on the same street and I asked them if there was a package from Amazon that has been mis delivered by UPS and still no luck.

I ordered it via Amazon because of the price of $220.00 which was $30.00 cheaper than Apple's website. I should have ordered it via Apple and got the engraving with it as well :( But I couldn't resist the price from Amazon and free shipping as well promising it would deliver just in time for Christmas.

So I emailed amazon and told me what I just did which was to look and ask my neighbors and to search through the front porch :9

So I emailed them back.... what am I supposed to do to recover my package? If I have known this was going to happen, I would have just purchased the item at a local electronic store such as Best Buy or Circuit City and know that the item would be on my hands right away. :(

When you were following the tracking number did the information say: "out for delivery at 5:00pm"? That means it was scanned at that ready to sent to the shipping terminal but too late to be loaded since the truck were already out for the last deliveries of the day. You'll likely see it on friday Dec. 26th.

I know a day and a dollar short but how's the weather in your area? Everything has been slowed down coast to coast lately.

No.... the tracking page clearly says "Delivered: Front Porch" :(

But Amazon is sending me a replacement order which wont be here till the first week of January. :(

I I'll have to wait.... hopefully I will find the first one and able to give it to my girlfriend :(

that sucks man...my uncle is with Fed-Ex and they press those guys so hard...sometimes they have to "cheat" the system by saying it's delivered, when in actuality it's still on the truck to keep from getting demerits for being behind...i would call UPS and make them track it down

it's crazy how it is around Christmas...they actually want people to deliver faster then is physically possible without speeding drastically or breaking other laws (including those of physics) ...my uncle around the holidays has been known to deliver up till 11pm...that is a 16 hour day for him..my respect goes out to the couriers that work that job

I try to avoid using couriers in the last 2-3 days before christmas as they are flat chat busy.

Yea... I have actually worked for UPS as a Driver Helper last Christmas Season and it was fun but dam.... working from 9AM to like 9PM was pretty hard...

I had fun though... but Amazon is replacing the order... hopefully it will arrive before I have to leave for school... I tried to get them to change the shipping address and since the order was ready to shipped, they cant. I leave Spokane to Ellensburg on the 3rd of Jan. for school as I am here only for winter break and my girlfriend is going with me as well. So, hopefully the iPod arrives on time which the estimated delivery date is Jan. 2 - 6 so if it arrives on the 2nd, that would be luck for me... if not, then Id have to have my parents send it to my dorm. :(

It still stinks even if it comes in on the 2nd since you were expecting it on time for the 25th of this month. At least amazon isn't stiffing you there however sending a replacement out right away until the lost delivery is tracked down.

It still stinks even if it comes in on the 2nd since you were expecting it on time for the 25th of this month. At least amazon isn't stiffing you there however sending a replacement out right away until the lost delivery is tracked down.

Yea, I talked to my GF about it and she told me it was fine, she also has an iPhone and she said she can live without the iPod for a couple of weeks :) So I just let her borrow my iPod Classic instead till the new one arrives :)

At least you have something there already for her to listen until then. Those are still a little too pricey to be lost in limbo by UPS however. I'm sure next you'll plan to order anything a little bit sooner to avoid any last minute rush.

At least you have something there already for her to listen until then. Those are still a little too pricey to be lost in limbo by UPS however. I'm sure next you'll plan to order anything a little bit sooner to avoid any last minute rush.

Yea... I was trying to find out what she wanted for Christmas.... I even had to have her friends talk to her and work with them so I would know what she wants and I found out that she wanted a new iPod since her last one (iPod Video) had water damage. As soon as I found out, I immediately ordered it and searched for the best deals and found that Amazon had them cheaper than anyone else :)

So thats basically how... but she's satisfied now :) She was disappointed when I didn't have anything to give her this morning so I had to do something to make up for it and explained what happened to her present :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom