Help Choosing Phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Private_Shon

In Runtime
I'm in Australia (its the big chunk of island in the southern hemisphere)
so only people who live around here can really help (coz theirs different models etc)

I'm looking to buy a new phone as its nearly the school holidays (1 day to go).

I've had a look around.

I like the look of sony erricson phones as my last 2 phones were sony.

I like the look of the V630i its got 3G (which i wanna use)

But the only bad thing is that its vodaphone only. so i presume i'll have to buy a vodaphone (spelling seems ickie) plan to get the phone. Is it possible to just buy the phone for however much the RRP is (800AUD or something)

Or does anyone have suggestions for nice not tooooo small non-flip non-slide high-end phone?

pricing i won't really worry about. i want it to have 3G capability, a 2MP or so cam.

I'm guessing you mean a video-phone?

Its very hard to find a non-flip phone these days.
When i picked up my cellphone a few months ago, all they had were flip-phones. There was one regular, old-school phone, that costed way too much.

i saw a couple on the sony erricson site the other day the phone on the main page which isn't walkman. that looks good

vodaphone = company.

anyways.. assuming the networks in australia are GSM.. then you can buy any GSM phone, and all you'd have to do is stick the SIM card of the network you're gonna subscribe to. if the phone was bought from a rival network, then it will most likely be locked; but it can easily be unlocked (pay $10-$20) so that it will work on all networks.. so yes, you can buy the phone from anywhere..

it is "vodafone" over here in the UK...

and unlocking a phone voids the warranty which kind of sucks. the best thing to do is buy one that is already unlocked. thats what i did. you can then put you old SIM in it.

I am not an expert in cellphones but I suggest you buy a Nokia N80, sorry but it is a slide-type phone but it is not too big.

so lets say i buy a vodafone locked phone can i only use the sim they give me or any vodafone sim coz i wanna use pre-paid vodafone with my new phone and use the plan on an old phone for a relative.

EDIT:
just did a google search, it says on:

http://vodafone.com.au//foryou/mobiles/HandsetUnlocking/HandsetUnlocking.jsp

(the vodafone site in australia)

that all i have to do is send a bunch of numbers to them and they send something back and its unlocked.

But still back to my original question can i just use a pre-paid vodafone?

My favourite mobile phone would have to be the Panasonic X200, followed by the Nokia 1600 and Panasonic VS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom