Head-on Collision

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4x3r

AKA ComatoseClown
So I was in a head-on collision yesterday afternoon on my way home from a sporting event I was photographing. I was in the right lane of the four lane highway we were traveling on in the white Honda, and a lady in the right lane of the oncoming traffic had a seizure and crossed 3 lanes and the median to hit us (the driver and I) head on. We escaped with minor injuries, just cuts and bruises. We were doing about 45mph and she was doing about the same.

_N4H6755jpg.jpg

Now the real story that is a testament to my loyalty to Canon Cameras is that. Myself being the passenger seat was goofing off and playing with one of my Canon EOS 1D Mark II N cameras with a 24-105mm F 4.0 lens on it. When we impacted the camera flew out of my hands and into the back of the windshield causing this.

_N4H6759.jpg

After i had regained my whereabouts i walked back to the car and pulled the camera out of floor board to see how bad it was damaged. Haha when i picked it up i didn't see anything wrong with it, and i flipped the switch and it turned on, no damage to LCD screens. So i quickly walked back outside and tested the auto-focus. It was fine. Then took a picture. It was fine. Haha so after impacting the windshield and cracking it i used the same Canon 1D MKII to take a ton of pictures of the wreck. Amazing camera! The only damage was on the UV filter on the end of the lens where it had impacted something and caused a large scuff mark. I'll be sending the camera to Canon in the next week or so to get it checked up and recalibrated. Haha i'll be sending a little note with the camera along with the picture explaining what happened and how happy i am with the quality of their camera's! (btw this camera has 800,000 pictures on it's shutter)

On a side note the other driver wasn't hurt beyond the seizure.

Crazy stuff man...I would say leave it to you to take photography of your own wreck, but then again, I'd do it too. D:

Haha yeah, very thankful for that! At least both the car, and the camera are insured! hahaha

You are lucky that could have been so much worse, I am glad your all right and the drive of the other car also.

I would love to know how much work cannon have to do to the camera though if any.

^^^ agreed, please keep us updated on the camera lol...would be quite crappy if you sent it in praises them and then sent it back saying they won't touch it because of what happened and it's out of warranty or something :\

I doubt that will happen, have always had a wonderful experience with Cannon's support. But i will keep everyone updated for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom