HDTV LCD Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes crt has burn in...lcd does not, lol
plasma and crt have similar display methods, in that a medium is basically ignited to display the image.

here's a simple model if anyone's experienced it...digital watch...gray background, rudimentary lcd display. Ever notice you can see the letters/numbers even when its not "on"? It's not burn in but just how the cell of those lcds are regulated in.

Advance the tech...LCD displays, whether lit by flourescent tube lighting or LEDs. The displays are illuminated, conversely, there are some lcd displays that can have their lightsources dimmed or turned off (GameBoy and my asus laptop for example). The difference is, they are illuminated, their images are not created by a cathode ray beam igniting a layer of phosphors or a UV reactive process (gas) igniting pixel cells of phosphors.

So, if you take an lcd display that does not have a light source, and say shine a flashlight through it, or use daylight to view it (place against window as example) do you think it will get burn in? Chances are not, anything is possible...but no.

Somehow i think it would be extremely hot if it was melted crystal. As a crystal is strictly solid only, unless its melted, lol.

I like talking tv's and speakers...i wonder wether tv's will ever have good speakers.

It makes me laugh these companies that sell 'Virtual Surround Sound' if its virtual, it isnt actually surround sound is it, and it doesnt even emulate it very well. It sounds crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom