Hdtv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relisys 42 Inch HD TV - Cheap at Ebuyer!

you can get this 42" 720p for lower price price better features more performance ie. contrast brightness, hdmi etc..

Atec AV370 37" HD LCD TV Silver & Black Freeview 720p 1366x768 5000:1 600cd/m2 5ms LG Panel 2 year warranty
or this 1080i set for as same as aboveeither is better than the one you picked, id personally take this one instead not for 1080i but for more contrast.
BTW this has better contrast/brightness/response time than the one above. the one above is just bigger 5000>600 and this is wall mountable as well. BTW this one is better than the one above, the one above is just bigger.

You only need 1080i/p if you have a very large TV (because the pixels will be spread out more), and I mean like 50"+. For a 37" 720p is fine. Also HDMI 1.3 is all about the hardware, you won't be seeing hardware that will be utilizing 1.3 in a while, and even then it will be very expensive. The only highlight you have to worry about of 1.3 is that it can deal with higher resolutions (over 1080, and like I said, there aren't many consumer grade TVs that would carry that) and that it can support up to 90Hz refresh rate (once again, there aren't many TVs that can do that).

The other part, the one that is supposed to be a big deal is better color, it goes like this:

24-bit (normal color depth) = 16.7 million colors
30-bit (HDMI 1.3 only) = 1 billion colors
36-bit (HDMI 1.3 only) = 69 billion colors
48-bit (HDMI 1.3 only) = 2,800 Trillion colors

Now this is where it gets stupid. Why in the **** would you need 1 billion colors? Or even 2,800 trillion colors? There would be so many different shades of yellow that 50 billion of them would almost be identical. Understand?

One last part, is audio formats, specifically the lossless compressed digital audio formats. Now unless you have super-human hearing, or just an audiophile, this is utterly useless. I have a crappy surround speakers and they are perfect for me. I don't need to hear the camera man's breathing FFS. HDMI 1.3 is based for technology years from now. It is a complete waste at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom