• None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheky

Baseband Member
I'm coming back from the Greek army in about 3 months and am thinking about getting myself a welcome home present ;) as living in the army has my funds growing without much withdrawal (I own an e-commerce company) . And my question to you all is what to get? Keep in mind I live in Greece so everything (because import prices) is more expensive (or shipping cross atlantic is insanity + i risk losing the item to customs). Computer parts esp. So I am thinking that I get out by Nov. 8th, and I want to either get a HDTV (32 or 36 inches) or a 1000ish build comp. My current setup is a reg full back (CRT?) tv 38 and a laptop which is very powerful p4 3.0 8xx ram (graph card steals 128) but crummy graph card. Please leave your thoughts! thx ;)

BTW, if you happen to know any eBayish sites that work for Greece or all of Europe OR a good priced EU electronics shop (similiar to newegg too bad they only ship to the domestic states) please let me know! thank you in advance!!

i would definately go for a new build unles yours is mid-high range then go for the TV.

and you sig is too big, i think the userbar limit is 6 or 7

i apologize Mods and MrZucchiniHead signature fixed.

i dont have my own build right now, when I left college I gave my old computer to my sister who needed it more. I'm using a pretty decent laptop though:

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 3.00 GHz w/HT Technology
1.0GB DDR SDRAM (2x512MB)
60GB 4200 RPM
4X DVD+RW/R & CD-RW Combo Drive
54g(TM) Integ. Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN & Bluetooth
15.4" WXGA Widescreen (1280x800)
ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) 9000 IGP

but once again its not the best ;) so 2 votes for build. anyone else? feel free to just vote or suggest. Thanks again!

do you have a lot of HD coverage in greece? if yes, then i would go for the HDTV.. i have 60inch DLP and i LOVE watching high def channels.. i can't even watch regualr channels anymore.. and i only get like 6 high def channels which sucks.. anyways.. if you get a lot of HD channels (and you're gonna get an HD cable/satellite box) then i'd go for the HDTV. if not.. then just go for a computer build...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom