HBO to Back Blu-ray Exclusively

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEnd187

Banned
When Warner announced that they would back Blu-ray exclusively, there was no confirmation that New Line Cinema and HBO would follow, only speculation that it was highly likely. The very next day New Line confirmed that they would follow Warner and back Blu-ray exclusively and now, a few days after the Warner announcement, HBO has also confirmed that they are "following the same policy as Warner Home Video." according to HBO Video president Henry McGee.

With the recent flood of Blu-ray exclusive announcements and the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas being heavily dominated by Blu-ray, it looks like we will finally have one high definition media format sooner rather than later.

Blu-ray.com - HBO to Back Blu-ray Exclusively

Actually, I have no problem with DVD for the current time being, I'm satisfied with the quality, but once HDTVs and Blu-ray/HD-DVD players become more of a standard, and prices are more decent, then I'd consider it, I've seen the difference in quality, and it's very noticable, but I'm not really willing to dish out cash, from a certain viewing distance, I can almost not tell the difference

but yeah, HBO... wow.. it's pretty much over for HD-DVD now, they're dead for sure

Well ya, Blu-Ray has had the majority for quite some time. Many company are taking the "if you can't beat 'em join 'em" route.

But ya. I personally am still good with standard dvd's. They're cheap... easy to "back-up" etc...

Well your not mad on awesome quality movie reproduduction like me and TheEnd..

Blu Ray Ftw.

yeap, definetally going to hurt HD-DVD
still sticking with my DVD format though since quality is perfectly fine for the average person.
and i only have 1080i

for data backup, i can buy 2x 750gig HD's for the same price of a decent blue-ray burner + blank media. and i'll have a poop load more room.
heck, i can get 3x 750gig for the price of a plextor burner....

i still can't justify buying blue-ray or hd-dvd yet....

yeap, definetally going to hurt HD-DVD
still sticking with my DVD format though since quality is perfectly fine for the average person.
and i only have 1080i

for data backup, i can buy 2x 750gig HD's for the same price of a decent blue-ray burner + blank media. and i'll have a poop load more room.
heck, i can get 3x 750gig for the price of a plextor burner....

i still can't justify buying blue-ray or hd-dvd yet....

Let me pop in my 3.5" Hard Drive into my High Definition Hard Drive Player

HBO? now really? other things I can see...hbo? what? hehe
don't they just have a bunch of raunchy supposedly hip content?
I have no clue...I don't sub to any of those shows.

discovery for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom