Have you modified your logon screen? If so post an image!

Oh okay then. But still what if someone stole it.....??

Windows passwords are useless as security if your system is stolen. If I steal your computer, unless you've got something like TrueCrypt installed to encrypt the volume that Windows is installed on, I would have no trouble changing or removing it within minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys I was just wondering has anyone apart from me modified their logon screen?

I have never changed the Win Logon screen, not because I'm boring or anything, I just find Skinning windows tedious. When ever I do a fesh Installation from XP onwards the first thing I do is set the Power options, Desktop Screensaver\Background and customize the Folders along with finally the start menu. Yea I'm probily boring, but I find I'm too interested in like f@h, Multiple Monitor and hardwere set ups. Also I allways install all my third party softwere.

Windows passwords are useless as security if your system is stolen. If I steal your computer, unless you've got something like TrueCrypt installed to encrypt the volume that Windows is installed on, I would have no trouble changing or removing it within minutes with something like this Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor

Thats what I have, the Full Partition encrypted by truecrypt after much hassiling my self and finally takeing the plung with wize words of wisdom from Luke. Running on a Twofish Encryption. (Is it dangourus giveing that Infomation away?)

I just tried to change my logon screen at work, but got stopped in my tracks. Can't download any programs to do it, so tried to do it manually...

Ironically, I needed admin permissions to create a folder in the system32 folder. But didn't need them to create the registry entry I needed...MAKES SENSE.

:TheFuu:

See, my old school never locked the registry, but locked EVERYTHING else, was rather fun getting around proxies by simple registry edits.

What was more entertaining was the fact that the machines had deepfreeze, and had to be restarted to log out, soooo they never figured out how I was getting around things.

See, my old school never locked the registry, but locked EVERYTHING else, was rather fun getting around proxies by simple registry edits.

What was more entertaining was the fact that the machines had deepfreeze, and had to be restarted to log out, soooo they never figured out how I was getting around things.

Oh man, I forgot all about deepfreeze. I remember setting it up so firefox was installed and it was set as default, added to the "freeze" so it would stay forever. Ahhh good times.

What you Gyes on about Deepfreeze? Whats that?

I have never changed the Win Logon screen, not because I'm boring or anything, I just find Skinning windows tedious. When ever I do a fesh Installation from XP onwards the first thing I do is set the Power options, Desktop Screensaver\Background and customize the Folders along with finally the start menu. Yea I'm probily boring, but I find I'm too interested in like f@h, Multiple Monitor and hardwere set ups. Also I allways install all my third party softwere.

Thats what I have, the Full Partition encrypted by truecrypt after much hassiling my self and finally takeing the plung with wize words of wisdom from Luke. Running on a Twofish Encryption. (Is it dangourus giveing that Infomation away?)

Nope. Good choice as well!

Twofish is the only encryption key that HASN'T been cracked. Until someone cracks it which i doubt they will but if they do then I'll be sure to notify you and the Truecrypt guys about it. I use an AES-Serpent-Twofish encryption for my HDD's. No one is getting through the 768 bit key.

Oh and about that registry stuff. Our school Locks down everything and when I say that I mean EVERYTHING. All through Group Policy and Local Users and Groups. They even used Blue Reef to block unwanted browsing sites such as facebook! Anyways if I even attempted this I'd probably get suspended lol

Back
Top Bottom