Have you ever read something that made you feel stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
So I'm reading about some space stuff online right. Space is EXTREMELY interesting to me. So theirs this journal that's been mentioned to me by people and from what I've read online, it's called "Astrophysical Journal".

I decided I'd check it out. Now I knew ahead of time I wasn't going to be able to comprehend a quarter of it, but I thhough I'd see what was in there. So I go to the website, open the up the link, and my brain started to hurt after the first paragraph I attempted to understand.

Content Page

I mean that whole thing is just so beyond over my head it's rediculous. Do you ever wonder how someone can end up being so smart? Smart enough to even comprehend that.

Just think how smart the person much of been to even have made up all of those formulas and variables in the first place.

Have you ever read anything that just made your brain hurt? Or that was so beyond above your head you feel like you have an IQ of 50?

i understood all of it fine....it's saying that basically space is a vacuum and is very big....

P.S.....i just made all that crap up...i took one look at it and ran for the Advil :D

Considering that I am fairly new to this forum and to a lot of topics discussed here, I feel pretty stupid when I read 70% of the threads here haha. But yea, I took a couple of Astronomy classes myself here at the University of Hawaii a couple of years ago... pretty heavy stuff to digest sometimes.

Considering that I am fairly new to this forum and to a lot of topics discussed here, I feel pretty stupid when I read 70% of the threads here haha. But yea, I took a couple of Astronomy classes myself here at the University of Hawaii a couple of years ago... pretty heavy stuff to digest sometimes.

You go to the university of hawaii and you've taken a couple of astronomy classes and you feel stupid HERE? Haha. That doesn't make a ton of sense.

I'm sure you'll be able to grasp on to alot here pretty quick. If you have any quetsions regarding anything computer related eg; parts, overclocking, cooling, etc, feel free to post or PM me.

well it would help if i knew what all of those funky symbols were

and I couldn't get a headache from it because I already have one, been listening to death metal for almost a full hour on full blast, so yeah...

wait whats that ringing????? lol music back up

Haha, nice. That does it to me as well. As much as I love my death metal (Despised Icon FTW!), listening to it loud for an hour or two straight would give me a headache for sure.

i'm an armchair scientist...

archeology, palentology, astronomy, physics...etc etc

although, some scientists and scientific theories bug me...who certain things are observed, extrapolated and assumed to be absolute truths...even when the human scientists cannot touch them...

the above mainly applies to space sciences...

I don't buy into many of those theories...fascinating to hear...but tends to sound like a lot of baloney (balogna) to me. ;)

Have you ever read something that made you feel stupid?

No I usually have to do something stupid to feel stupid. If I read something beyond my current knowledge level I will usually waste most of a work day trying to figure it out.

As far as I can tell the article deals with all of the math calculation that the team did to come to the conclusion that the mass of a substance that we don't truly know for sure exists (dark matter) is roughly the same in Lyman alpha emitting galaxies as it is in Lyman Break galaxies.

I read my friend's advanced calc assignments at work once. I pretty much crawled into a corner and rocked back and forth for a few hours...

I read my friend's advanced calc assignments at work once. I pretty much crawled into a corner and rocked back and forth for a few hours...

haha!

I remember seeing a class being offered in the course catalog at UH called "Stellar Astrophysics" which was a 3 HOUR long class twice a week...

...I thought I was at StarFleet Academy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom