Have a job, hours, pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
This is for part time employees that are high school and college students only please.

How many of you have a job, what's your pay and what are your hours? Do the hours cut into alot of studying and time with friends (I am extraverted so I need that :p)?

How can I find jobs in my area that are simple and don't require a lot of work and time but still get some cash in my wallet? I need study time, friend time, and getting ready for college time.

Are you in high school or college? I would check with your counselors or someone. We have a "carreer center" or something in my high school.

I know some people who have part time jobs, and they are good students, but the job takes a lot out of their studying time. Im sure you can find something that fits in your schedule, though. Personally, I don't think its worth it, but it really depends on what you need.

PS. where in the NW are you?

I work at McDonald's. I get paid $6.90 cuz I been working there for over 6 months. (I started at $6.75) As of now I am not getting very much hours because of school, I cen get more if I want tho. (Im in 11th grade). IMO McDonald's is a very good starting out job and they will work with your schedule.

I work at Booster Juice, I get $8/hr, I only work 2 days a week on either Friday to Sunday, I never work Weekdays simply because I have lots of studying to do.

Washington State University Libraries, Level I Technician, $7.40 an hour. Any hours that I want really, usualy about 10-15 a week.
Only job I could find that wasn't work-study since I don't really qualify for any sort of aid whatsoever.

My daughter works at Taco Bell (she's a senior). They work with her schedule.

She has Wednesdays and Sundays off. Works weekdays 4-8 or 9, 4-12 on Fridays. Saturdays she usually opens, so it's 8-4 or 5.

She was making $5.85 an hour (wages are lower here than a lot of places).

When I had a job last year (junior in high school), I was getting paid $10.50/hour at a Real Estate agency. I worked 5 days a week after school for about 3-4 hours, and sometimes on Saturdays if the marketing dept. needed something special. I enjoyed it a lot. In the summers I got to work in an air conditioned building, doing really simple stuff for the marketing dept. and making sure that everyoneÂ’s mail got where it needed to go and running to and from KinkoÂ’s or the Post Office. I only worked there for about 3 months though. I asked for some time off, and my boss said that she needed someone to work full time and I told her, "Not me!"

I had a job being paid 10$ CDN (8.70$ USD) working at the university / hospital.

I should have an upcoming job for 25$ CDN / HR for an area I am skiled in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom