Has this ever happened to anyone before? [Car Problems]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replacing a coil pack isn't cheap >_<

I enjoy the grand am, has plat plugs, supposedly last around 50k miles on the AC Delco OEM ones.

Ive found NGK's to work the best actually. I went through like 4 different brands of plugs and NGK's so far seem to be the best, other than E3's which sadly dont work in my car anymore :/ But when the did, that thing was smooth as butter.

I heard the NGK double plat was one of the best ones to buy, NGK makes the AC Delco ones now...

I have heard of nothing but bad things about the E3 or SpitFire brand, though, my sisters truck has SpitFire.

Update: I got new struts installed, new springs, new strut mounts, and isolators, but, one thing, I have a feeling I put the washer in the strut mount in upside down, when going over bumps I hear a loud tapping sound and going to each side of the car and pushing down hard, I can replicate it, so I guess I will have to go get a spring compressor again and turn the washer the other way. X_X

I heard the NGK double plat was one of the best ones to buy, NGK makes the AC Delco ones now...

I have heard of nothing but bad things about the E3 or SpitFire brand, though, my sisters truck has SpitFire.

Update: I got new struts installed, new springs, new strut mounts, and isolators, but, one thing, I have a feeling I put the washer in the strut mount in upside down, when going over bumps I hear a loud tapping sound and going to each side of the car and pushing down hard, I can replicate it, so I guess I will have to go get a spring compressor again and turn the washer the other way. X_X

NGK double plats are the way to go :thumbsup: I had E3s in my car before and it ran beautifully even with hard city driving i would see a good 24MPG. But ever since I had to replace the coilpacks they no longer work. The engine would always cut off if there was any kind of load on it.

And what kind of struts did you use? My rears need replacing.

I ended up buying Monroe, though, I heard KYB was really good to use, strut wise. I like my Monroe struts though, gives it a good smooth ride, while still allowing me to take sharp turns really hard. But it's hard for me to compare to other brands as my old suspension was totally shot.

I ended up buying Monroe, though, I heard KYB was really good to use, strut wise. I like my Monroe struts though, gives it a good smooth ride, while still allowing me to take sharp turns really hard. But it's hard for me to compare to other brands as my old suspension was totally shot.

Ya Ive been considering the KYB's strut only. My springs are ok. It would be that or the Monroe quick strut.

Didn't know that Monroe made a quick strut setup, what's your opinions on Gabriel strut kits? I could have saved about $450 by buying the kits, but, I couldn't find anything good on the, would have saved me half a day of labor also >_<

Supposedly the Monroe quick struts are pretty good. I think they can be found at advance auto for about $160 ish. THE Monroes supposedly give a little smoother/comfier ride than KYB. KYBs are a little stiffer and is more of a "Performance" strut compared to Monroes. As far as Gabriel, I haven't heard anything on them, not alot of people seem to use those.

I most likely going to go with KYB GR-2's and some Eibach lowering springs. That way I'll be dropped about 1.5" and have a stiffer suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom