Has Any One Been Charged On A Copyright Infringement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea and im "hecka" ****ed about it.. got an email from comcast downloading via gnutella. Watch out for paramount pictures, they hire "friggin" people in india to scout out and find piraters. Its only for uploading though, and I feel so stupid now that I freeload =\

PARAMOUNT PICTURES = BAD

Ste said:
I downloaded PhotoShop, .isos of winxp pro, home, entire season of TV shows, Movies, Microsoft Office and Songs. And nothing has come to me.

And thats just the stuff I Remember, Im sure others have done worse.

I think its rare if you get caught.
Screw them. :p

By rights, if the mod's knew what ISP you used, they could take your IP and report you right about now, since you said that :p

Got a e-mail once for running a certain game server. Deleted it and ignored as the company that was complaining is full of a bunch of BS and I knew it. Nothing has come of it since...because they can't. :)

jcortes said:
how did they do it did they call, email, mail, or a knock on the door lol

From the stories i know of, they mail you a cease-and-desist.

beedubaya said:
Can't they not do anything to you as long as you don't upload?

I don't know. I tried reading through some laws but they are so redundant and quite confusing, i got nothing out of them.

WorldIndustries said:
By rights, if the mod's knew what ISP you used, they could take your IP and report you right about now, since you said that :p

They sure could.

But I don't care, nor Could I stop them.

Anyways, I think the best practice to avoid being caught would be to keep your shared folder empty and not allow uploads for torrents.
Which is what I do, once a torrent is downloaded I remove it.

well they would go after the server farms first because targetting one downloader is not going to stop the thousands of others from downloading the same thing. With bittorrent it gets a bit complicated as there is not one host server, when you download a file you likewise upload it at the same time for other people to download, there is no dedicated server

gaara said:
well they would go after the server farms first because targetting one downloader is not going to stop the thousands of others from downloading the same thing. With bittorrent it gets a bit complicated as there is not one host server, when you download a file you likewise upload it at the same time for other people to download, there is no dedicated server
Yes, while its downloading I won't stop it, But once its done downloading I don't allow any further uploading. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom