Has Any One Been Charged On A Copyright Infringement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
Has Any One Been Charged On A Copyright Infringement? if so what program, video, or song where you charged for and what exactly happened? how did they find you, did they just come to your door or what?

Pavlyk, an old member here at TF was. Other than that, I haven't heard of anybody here. I could be wrong.

Have you?

I havent been charged but have been caught downloading NIS 2002-2003 from Bearshare. Nothing happened to be but I had to sign a paper and tell them I will delete the program, etc etc and consent to the jurisdicition should they decide to press charges. I wrote them a 2 page letter stating I didnt do it. Anyways nothing has come of it since.

I have yet to get any thing. I download songs. Luckily, from all the cases i've seen/read/heard about, i'll get a warning (ie. delete all files, programs, etc, don't download again etc) via snailmail before any fines.

I downloaded PhotoShop, .isos of winxp pro, home, entire season of TV shows, Movies, Microsoft Office and Songs. And nothing has come to me.

And thats just the stuff I Remember, Im sure others have done worse.

I think its rare if you get caught.
Screw them. :p

^ TV shows are okay to share, otherwise VCR's would be illegal.

Then again, music is okay to share, otherwise tape decks would be illegal. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom