HARPER'S MOVING EXPERIENCE (Yes, this is a rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
charles_scott said:
I dont wanna move in with my friends now.....
Actaully... move in with your freinds. But make sure that you have a 6 month lease with your land lord just incase things go sour.

Thankfully, I am about 2 years out side of my lease.

P.P. Mguire said:
^^^ well thats good.
You do not want to cancel a lease before it expires.

When you sign the lease for 6 months, 1 year, 2 years etc., it mean that you are bond to pay rent for that property for that period of time ; regardless whether or not you are living there. Land lord might tell you that they are looking for some one to stay there....... they're not!

And trying to get extra people on the lease is also a pain. I was trying to get a third body onto my current lease last year. They told me that I would have to vacate the house, and then re-apply for the house with the extra person on it.
It was simplier for me to let the third person stay there with out the land lord knowing about it, and then tell them to not bet around when a house inspection happens.

Finally I am signing myself off the lease as I know that we are going to loose a very large part of the bond any ways in the final inspection. Speacial thanks to my house mate incopetance.

1. There are 3 door with a punch mark in them. So all 3 are going to need to get replaces.

2. 3 of the rooms (2 of them are big) are going to be needed to be repainted due to people sticking up posters. Blu Tak does wonderful things to paint work.

3. Carpets are going to need to get steam cleaned. Like i could do my 2 rooms, but I don't think the other 2 will do theirs. So it's very likely that the land lord will just get some one to clean the entire house as appose to just 3/4 of the house.

4. Kitchen............................... it's never been given a real clean in the last 2 1/2 years.

so with that being sead, I can pretty much kiss good bye my bond money. So by removing myself off the lease, it means that I don't get a black mark against my name for when I want to rent again.

And finally,I am willing to sacrifice $360 just see my house mate get off his arse and actaully do some elbow grease.

My boss is giving me this friday off so I can sort my stuff out with my folks.

This week end, I am hoping that I can get some thing that looks like my computer room again.

P.P. Mguire said:
well that was nice of your boss
Actaully, I got about 15 weeks leave under my belt. He's wants me to get rid of some of them. So for the next little while, I am working 4 day weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom