Harper Might Be Going To Antarctica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I having a chat with my motherly unit this morning, and she was joking how she saw a "COOL JOB OPPORTUNITY" on the notice board....... Antarctica!!!!!!!!

It turns out that they are hiring all sorts of people including computer techs for down there. It's six months on, Six Months off sort of thing.

She orginally thought I was joking about applying for the position. However I was not. Like six months on, Like six month off. Really good pay.
So I am applying for the job, and I will see what happens next.

What's the pay like? So you work for 6 months, 9 to 5, 5 days a week and then 6 month vacation?

That's indeed an interesting job oppurtunity...not sure I could stand working there though...what is it, 100 or so people living there?

Chankama said:
What's the pay like? So you work for 6 months, 9 to 5, 5 days a week and then 6 month vacation?
I will have some more details when I get home tonight.
It about 6 months on during the "summer months", and you are working shifts as the only time you get "night" down there during winter.

As for the pay, due to the remoteness of the area, it will most likely be a lot more than what I am currently earning now.

Now I got my old man on my case as I told him that I am not interested in finding employment up in the USA*, however it took me about 2 seconds to deside about this position down in the south pole.

* I got my reasons why I don't want to work in the USA. Big main reason is that I have all my life down here. And I really don't want to start every thing over again just for the same job that I could be doing in Australia.
Also with Antarctica, I am back home every six months. Appose to USA where it might be a few years, and that is only there for a short holiday.

That sounds like a cool deal, the USA is a much different enviornment than Australia.

There is ALOT of work here, that what everyone does is work work work with Christmas and the weekends off.

I don't blame you for wanting to stay down there...and 6 months on and 6 off wow, that would rock.

Trotter said:
Somebody better warn the penguins... Harper likes short women.
LOL!

I am not going to be as stupid as steve erwin earlier this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom