Harper, How come you aren't...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCC Fan

In Runtime
boss-man yet...... reading all those "worst helpdesk/customer service experiences and all the stupid things ur boss has said and done. it seems to me that you should be boss instead of him. haha just wondering.

Okay... I will sum it up simply

At the end of the day, I really do not want the other head aches that come with owning a business.

Most of those references in that thread that i have made about various employeers would be last 2 employers i the computer industry.

Employeer 1 (1999 to 2001) - He was just a dumb ass. It got down to a point where I was able to caculate how much money he was waste with some of his dumb ass converstion. I am not even sure if he is still in business or not. His website is no longer up, and I know one of his magor cash-cows (Highlander Notebooks) got busted my Microsoft.

Employeer 2 (2001) - He was just a psycho. I knew that I needed to leave that place the second he told me "YOU F*** THIS JOB UP AND I WILL PUT A CONTRACT OUT ON YOUR HEAD"
He's still in business, he occasionally buys computer from me. But over all, the less business I do with him, the better I feel.
When he calls me up, he acts like I still work for him.

Employeer 3 (2001 to Now) - I get a long with him quite well. I started off as one of the sales guys, I am now the operations manager for about 2 (going on 3) years now. Now that the boss (business-owner) can sleep in and take days off and show up when he has too.

Effectively, I am a boss-man all ready. It's just that I don't own the business. I call the business owner "boss-man" because he's the guy that I have to answer up too.

ahh, i was just wonderin... but ur reason makes alot of sence. yea i would get tired of bein in charge of dumbasses too.

OCC Fan said:
ahh, i was just wonderin... but ur reason makes alot of sence. yea i would get tired of bein in charge of dumbasses too.

Ummmmm..... it not really being in charge. I don't mind being in charge. It's a lot of the other responibilities.
1. Firstly..... I prefer the idea of having a regulare income each week. Where as the business owner worked out what is net profit, and that is how much he keeps.

2. Secondly..... I prefer the idea of having a regulare income each week. It's a slow period (Easter, Chirstmas to New Year) I like my wage at the end of it.

3. And then there is all the legal mumbo jombo which need to be done that make me think :-
- thank god I am not responible for that.
- thank god I am not paying for that out of my own pocket.

And there are a few other reasons why I don't want to get into business for myself.

Harper said:
Ummmmm..... it not really being in charge. I don't mind being in charge. It's a lot of the other responibilities.
myself.

no no no, i meant bein in charge if u were boss... not right now...

Pretty much in charge with 80% of what is going on around here any ways.
There is very little that I am not allowed to make final decisions on. And those things are on my area anyway.

Over all, my job is make sure that
* the door do stairs stays open by generating a cash flow.
* business is running smoothly for both employees and clients.
* problems resolved quickly and quietly.
* make sure that the other tennent that shares the warehouse does not trash the joint.

(I had fun and game with that 2 points yesterday as some one walked in off the street and punched out one of the tennets of a matter of $80. Police got involved and every thing.)

Just found out yesturday that my very first employeer (how I much I hate his guts) got busted by Microsoft for Hardloading Operating Systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom