Harper Has Some Thing Important To Say

Status
Not open for further replies.
How well does running windows games on linux work?

And Harper I'm proud of you, you got balls mate, but I'll probly stick with XP until..............

Well.............

....You know **wink wink**

Unreal Tournament has a installer for Linux, but wouldn't do anything. You can run steam by using Wine but CSS doesn't work apparently HL2 does.

You need Windows for games sadly.

Hehe, I'd like to give Linux a shot, I have a Mac, and a PC, I find that they have different qualities, but pretty much, they're just as good as each other, maybe except the virus' but Windows has much more compatibility. I have never used Linux, but I would love to. (Cant download it because of my connection... 256k ADSL... ugh..)

Lord Joshly said:
Hehe, I'd like to give Linux a shot, I have a Mac, and a PC, I find that they have different qualities, but pretty much, they're just as good as each other, maybe except the virus' but Windows has much more compatibility. I have never used Linux, but I would love to. (Cant download it because of my connection... 256k ADSL... ugh..)
Why can't you download it? Most all distros are roughly 600mb ISOs. Start the dowload at night and it will be finished in the morning.

I just installed Big Daddy, and so far I'm liking it. Matter in fact, I'm on it right now.
:)

Sure, it's a little bit different and it takes some getting use, but other then that it's nice.

I have a Yellow Dog disk that I plan on installing on my old iMac as soon as its fixed. I'm really looking forward to poking around in Linux.

Just having one of those week ends where I am a bit strapped for time. Yesturday I got stuck having to rebuild a computer for rather large deal CCTV deal that one of the guys is completing today. And today I got some family commitments.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Man, Harper... I could have sworn there was going to be some type of "Closet", "Switch Hitting", or "Curiousity" involved in this thread....

I thought the same thing :eek: But then i remembered he has the hot's for Rommie so it's all good :D

Cool, excellent choice, Harper. :)

@Talldude123 - wtf is so hard about typing "apt-get install gaim" and hitting enter? (That's to install gaim on a distro that uses apt) I don't see the confusion. No messing around with downloading installers, no "wizards," just one command and boom it's installed. Couldn't be any simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom