Hardware Junkies confessional.. Ready to admit I have a problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I remember going through a simulare craze back in collage where i was practically getting a new computer part each week.

^ I was like that for a short time.

I love the smell of new electronics! I found myself sniffing a new Energizer Battery Charger today... :freak: My indoor/outdoor temp monitor eats up AAA's like nothing..

There there. you are with friends here. Now give me a hug. It's okay to cry.
I know.. I have issues.. *sniff* ... I'm on this board more than the Camaro Boards... I've exhausted the cars.. I'm taking classes for an IT degree now.. :D

lol i can see that dream becoming a nightmare fast.
Ahhahahaha! I LOL'd at that one! :cool:

I have the following spare (mostly working) parts:

Foxconn C51XEM2AA (AM2 Nforce 590 SLI board)
Foxconn NF4UK8AB-8EKRS (socket 754 Nforce4 PCI-E board)
Asus K8V-MX
MSI K8N SLI Platinum (Socket 939 Nforce 4 SLI)
Phenom 9600 BE
Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (socket 939)
Athlon 64 3000+ (socket 754)
Sempron 2800+ (socket 754)
4GB DDR2-800
1GB DDR400
Radeon 9800 XT
8800 GTS 320MB
8800 GT 512MB
2 x 512MB 3870's
Hiper Type-R 580W PSU
SB X-Fi XtremeMusic
SB Audigy 2 ZS
SB Audigy LS

1. We admitted we were powerless over computers our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that having more money could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to get a second job.
4. Made a searching and fearless job search.
5. Admitted to Tech Forums, to ourselves, and to another human being which computer components we desire.
6. Were entirely ready to go purchase said items.
7. Humbly asked Newegg to ship them to us.
8. Made a list of all items we forgot to order.
9. Made direct amends to such lists wherever possible, except when to do so would overdraw our bank accounts.
10. Continued to take personal inventory of all of our computer components.
11. Sought through google and meditation to improve our Vantage and SuperPi scores.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to Hardware junkies, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

Antec, I was the same as you until a little while ago. Then two things happened.
1. I got a job
2. I watched 'Yes Man' :D

Trust me, just give in to the cravings! Buy it, overclock it, then sell it so you can buy more stuff!

Man, I "suffered" with single core for 3 years and finally decided I wanted a new PC last summer. Planned for a whole year now and just started ordering parts. I kinda did what Soulphyre did. I said screw it, Im gonna start building now and no one's gonna stop me.

I gotta admit though. Its not too exciting as it once was on my first build (Im on my 2nd right now). Id remember thinking about building the computer all day at school or just coming home and waiting by the door for the UPS guy to drop by.

Now, I just feel impatient and cranky. Even when its an i7 build. I don't know. Maybe its because it has been 2 weeks since I ordered some of my first parts and I haven't started building yet.

It is fun though. I don't have a crazy amount of parts like some of you guys. If I can recall correctly, I gave away all my old tech stuff. Now, I wished I had kept that old computer even though it was complete crap compared to todays hardware. It would be nice to look at my very first actual PC again even though it was a hand-me-down.

I need a GTX295 but i got a 4870..
I want an i7 but i got a Q9550
I want another matching 22" but i got a 21" as my second screen and it's not quite the right size :mad:

Yes.. i could continue forever.

And people say being rich doesn't make you happy ? i don't see how not. I'd be fricken happy if i could buy all that + more if and when i want.

I need a GTX295 but i got a 4870..
I want an i7 but i got a Q9550
I want another matching 22" but i got a 21" as my second screen and it's not quite the right size :mad:

Yes.. i could continue forever.

And people say being rich doesn't make you happy ? i don't see how not. I'd be fricken happy if i could buy all that + more if and when i want.

I think that's one of the reason's Veedub says he <3's being single..

No kids, no wife, and no expensive house, that money he spends on his rig. I'm really thinking that single life owns... and you could just have plentiful of girlfriend's that really don't go anywhere.

Lets not :)

I'm just saying I mean veedub has that power, he can have plenty of girlfriends in relationships that go really nowhere; and spend money on comps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom