Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype

Daemon Poster
I've been busy in summer. I might stop visiting the forum for a long time until i have some more free time. I don't have enough time to check the threads in the Hardware Section. I've been getting worried about the new school i'm going to. I heard they are more advance then my current school and such. I've been thinking of going to my school books and enhance my vocabulary.

Also, I saw that my cousin got a scholarship and got his first job paying him $40 per hour. I was impressed but when i did some calculation it wasnt enough for me. Do you guys know any jobs that pay a lot? I've been thinking of studying tech and law but i dont know if i will have enough time.

I wanna start learning the timeline of hardware like all the GPU, CPU, HDD, etc... that has been released since the birth. Do you think it is a good idea? Do you know any website/books/anything that talks about each component in depth?

what the **** are you talking about???

40 bucks an hour is roughly 380k a year before taxes i doubt your cuz is making that

are you high?

no idea what's going on but dude you ain't gonna make more than $40 an hour just by learning the history of PCs. When it comes to PC tech you're better off keeping up with current releases and builds, not dabbling in the past.

well i was doing this

40 before taxes * 5 hrs a day = 200 a day
200 a day * 7 days in a week = 1400 a week
365 days in a year / 7 days in a week = around 52 weeks
1400 a week * 52 weeks = $72800 a year

im i doing something wrong?

they told me he fixes computer

EDIT:

no idea what's going on but dude you ain't gonna make more than $40 an hour just by learning the history of PCs. When it comes to PC tech you're better off keeping up with current releases and builds, not dabbling in the past.

since when did i say im want to to make $40 a hour by learning the history and also i think i should start way back for the cert. i just want to know all the hardware/components

Funny thing is i just figure out how to make you more money with working less hours.

40 per hour and 8 hours per day gives you 320.
Now do that 5 days a week to give you 1600.
Do that for the 52 weeks in a year and you will make 83,200.

Now that is more with working less. Not having to work 7 days a week as well. All it will take is a extra 3 hours a day. Which by chance is a normal work week. 40 hours.

Now if you put in overtime that is even more. $40 a hour is close to the MAX you will make at a IT Job. Unless you get into Coding and go work for Microsoft. That might make you more money.

But how you say you can not live on $70 or $80K a year i dont know. I have a wife, child and a new car on $40 a year and we make it just fine. Just can not buy every toy that your heart desires...

$40 an hour is pretty good, sounds like either a bomb internship or something tho if it's only 4 or 5 hours a day. I was building network analyzers and I was making $40k/yr and that was considered well above average.

So what do you mean you can't live in 70-90k per year that's a ridiculous amount of money realistically.

How can people afford a wedding, new built house, new furniture, new car, etc....

But if my wife makes around $40 a hour that will be fine since it will be double the salary im going to get. I was planning on being in a hardware job and do coding in the house since i heard i can stay home to do it.

I know $40 is alot compare to people that get $5 per hour but isnt there a IT job that pay more

most IT jobs will pay 15-20 an hour. I know I worked part time as a high school student and started at 9 an hour which is **** good for high school. As a senior technician you are most likely to get more but that comes with experience and certs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom