Happy TF anniversary to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Today makes five years that I have been a part of Tech-Forums Who would have guessed I would happen here via a Google search to ask a simple question and end up spending half a decade here? Not me, that's for sure.

Tech-Forums is so much more than just a place to find an answer to a computer or tech problem, though. If that was all TF offered I would have wondered away a long time ago. No, it is the community here that has kept me around, and it is for the community that I put in the time I do here (it sure isn't the pay, as no one on the staff is paid).

There have been times over these past five years that I have considered cutting loose and walking away, but each time I see things that keep me from leaving. Yes, it can get old babysitting certain people, trying to prevent the over-inflated egos of others from causing a train wreck, and constantly having to act as "mother hen" and step in between a couple of members who got their panties in a wad, but it is all part of the job.

My door is always open via PM or email (as many here can attest). I try to be fair and just, but I will also make sure nothing untoward befalls TF on my watch.

Here's to another five plus years.

Actually now that I think it of it, it's just been 6 and a few days years for me since I orginally joined TF

Yep. 19-Jan-2004. Of course, that has been broken up into three aliases, :p

Cheers Trotter, really great that you are still here. When I first came to this forum here you were very helpful, and that has not changed at all. I can tell you have a big heart, it really does show. Thanks for helping keep this place a mature community (and excuse me for getting in-between that if I have :p), which like you is exactly why I have stayed .

Hope to see you here in the years to come!

First time I met you, Trotter, was on Tech On Vent, as well as a few others here on the forum. I was Dingis Fargle back then and changed to iFargle after the forum refresh, if I recall correctly.

It's been a little over a year here for me, half of it on an inactive account, but now that I've gotten back into it I really like it.

Question: Do you remember Capitol? He sure remembers all of the ToV members :tongue: As well as some of these tech-forums members. I think it was HAVOC he had the dispute with, but he won't come back for some reason :tongue:

Congrats Trotter, hope to have you around here for a while longer :)

From Peon to ADMIN in 5 years... :D if only a career job was like that... that's be one heck of a raise every year! LOL Congrats Trotter.

Congrats Trotter. I passed my 5 years back in Sept. Didnt even think about it. It has been quite a journey. I know your story is a bit different than mine, but in the end it all turns out the same. Come for a single piece of advice end up staying.

I know you try to be fair and just, as do I. But sometimes people dont seem to understand that. You know my phone line, and everything else you need to contact me is always open. For people on the site they just need to know they can come to me. Even if there was a dispute in the past i hold no grudges. Dont always bug Trotter with your issues. ;)

Here is to many more Trotter. Now get to those Golden Chickens!

GLA-355~Cheers-I-Posters.jpg

to you and to another half a decade :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom