HAPPY NEW YEAR TECH-FORUMS -- 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent new years eve and day working a just over a 7 hour shift from 6PM to 2AM..... bringing the new year in style :p

A little tardy to the party but still. Happy New Year everyone! Off to work...

A little tardy to the party, but I decided I shouldn't post when I was drunk. I brought in the New Year with style, someone punched my friend, and then punched me, so I decided that I should punch him back. Made him cry.. Also, I am going to be eating a lot less and running everyday... as soon as I get back from Mexico. I weigh 270 and think I would be happy right around 215..

Losing the weight isn't too much of a problem, it's maintaining the weight that you are happy with which is hard. I was 218pounds when i started dieting, i got down to 195pounds and was happy and despite my efforts, i slowly but surely forgot about eating healthy and cared less.. so here i am several months later (I can't actually remember when i stopped dieting to be honest) and i am now 227pounds. Owch ! Okay so it has just been christmas and i well and truly stuffed my face.

It's a bugger, and i intend to loose some of it again. The worst thing was i only lost 20ish pounds but i felt so much better, more energy and everything became easier. I am not massively heavy for my height, my BMI is 27/28 or something. But even so you just never realise how much just 20 pounds has an effect on you until it is gone.

So my goal this year isn't to just loose weight, but get to roughly 190 and stay there. I don't want to be slim, that would not suit me at all :p Just on the slightly larger size than normal ;)

Oh yeh, and a very Happy New Year to everyone. I hope 2011 will be a great year for you all. So let it begin..

I'm aiming for between 180 and 190. I did start dieting at the start of the school year, all last (school) year all I ate for lunch every day was massive bags of crisps, 2-litre bottles of carbonated drink, so this year I switched to sandwiches, 500ml bottles and a bag of crisps, every day. However as the weather became colder I started getting really hungry (I always do when it's cold), and starting eating random crap again; though not as bad as last year.

Yami, you should do what i did. I lost my 22pounds i think it was in just 1 day under 4 weeks. My diet was very intensive, 1200calories a day roughly if i could do it. I only drank water, ever. Everytime i was hungry i drank a pint of water, and only if that didn't work i would eat. Eating was always my last option. And when i did eat it would be things that are very low calories like strawberries usually, although i splashed out on the calorific food occasionally to keep me sane. Actually strawberries were a life saver come to think of it. Check this Calories in Strawberries ... 357grams of Strawberries is only 114kcal. Wow ! right ?

So i stuffed my face with strawberries pretty much every day. When i had proper meals they wern't anything special normally, the more calories the smaller the portion. I made a curry every week, it was actually very nice despite not having any Cream, Ghee, Oil, Butter or anything like that in it. Just onions and tomatoes and a few extra spices etc, pretty much making what everyone thinks is an evily unhealthy meal into one that despite still being fairly high calorie is actually very nutritious. The worst part of the meal was actually the rice.

Oddly, i still drank alcohol with my friends when we went out and stuff. I know me and when i drink a lot, i don't eat all night and wont eat for the majority of the next day as i don't feel good.So on occasion yes i most likely did consume 1000cal of beer when i went out each night in that 4 week period, but it didn't matter because i rarely ate for the rest of the day anyway.

I tried an exercise bike for 2 days, that was not for me. Exercise is definitely not good for me to loose weight, i just hate it to much :p I only like skiing/snowboarding as exercise and i can't exactly do that IMBY.

Anyway you should give it a try, lost 5 to 7 pounds a week pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom