Happy Easter

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are doing Weight Watchers, kinda. Very limited funds = making due as best we can. Plus we have to fix stuff everyone will eat (I'll eat anything, but my wife and her mom won't).

We're doing some walking with the diet. Again, no funds = no gym, but we're all (my wife, her mom, and me) out of shape and are trying to build ourselves back up. If/when I can ever find a job I want to join the YMCA or something so I can have access to some weight equipment as muscle burns fat.

I don't exactly know what the weight watchers program is, but good for you :).

As long as your wife will eat veggies and fruit, you don't really have anything to worry about with running into problems in getting low-calorie food. Fruit isn't that low calorie but it is a great energy source that is healthy. Green veggies though are great space fillers in your stomach though. I love how you can eat as much as you want of them and it is like nothing, as long as there is no butter. I like that spray butter. It isn't actually no calorie, but 4 calories for 5 sprays isn't bad. And yeah, if your wife doesn't like veggies, trust me, she'll learn to like them if she goes long enough eating little enough of the fattening foods so that she can lose weight. That stuff is soo bad for you that if that is all you eat and you still want to lose weight, you're going to be very very hungry.

Weightwatchers won't let you splurge on easter even?

And yeah, I don't think rec memberships are that much. Mine was doing a half-price year membership for fifty some dollars. It varies of course on location.

We splurged anyway. :p

WW uses a point system. The formula for determining the points of something is:
(Calories / 50) + (Fat / 12) - (Fiber / 5 [but only a max of 4 fiber])

A person's allowed points is based off of body weight. A man get s eight extra points, and you get extra points for exercise. You also get 35 extra points per week that you can use at anytime (such as a splurge, or going out for a special occasion).

We are focusing on eating more vegetables and less meat. Both of the women like veggies, but my wife's range of acceptable choices is nowhere near mine... but I'm working on that. ;). Many veggies are "free", such as green beans, spinach, greens (turnip, mustard, collard, and such), lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and stuff like that. It's really not bad as long as you maintain a good variety of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom