had to put cat to sleep - very sad day

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
on monday night my cat was downstairs sitting down (more like laying on her belly) and she started to breath really wierd and make wierd noises and i could just tell she was in distress, so i shouted to my parents and sister, they came down and we started to call the vet and the only vet which was open that night was the one in sutton not to far from us (epsom) so we put her in the box and rushed down there, bye this time i wasnt crying but my sister was but i knew what was coming.
when we got there we saw the vet straight away and she checked her out and she did tests ie checked her heart checked her temperature her eyes and then her stomach and he could feel a cancer the size of an egg, when he broke the news ie we need to put her down, all of us came to a conclusion to put her to sleep, by this stage i was crying and when i saw the vet shave her fur of her arm to stick in the neddle he said i cant see no viens (being her veins were flat and she had no more red blood cells left as her heart was giving up) and when he put in the needle and i could see the juice going into her i cryed even more and when he said shes gone, it was bad i cryed so much and deep it was really painfull to see your animal dead on the table with her eyes still open.
After we took her home as we wanted to bery (srry bout spelling) her in a spot in the garden instead of letting them cremate her.

has anyone lost a pet that they really love, i just want to know how to get over it as i still now cry to this day, its really hit me hard

that's so sad :( I've never actually had to have any pets put to sleep..but I've had a lot die.

I really have no advice on how to get over it...it's something that only time can heal...

Made me cry, very sad story :( I feel very sorry for you, your family and your cat.

One of my previous dogs had to be put down because of cancer, but the thing I hated most was that I wasn't able to be there when they put her down.

well i think i did the right thing staying with her until her very last seconds of life but to tell you the truth it was really horrible and if i didnt do it then i will always kick myself and i know i will

I agree. It's a terrible thing. I've had to put one dog down, and a parrot died on me. Extremely sad.

Parents' dog is going to turn 8 in January. She IS our family. Been with us in very rough times and ALWAYS goes to each one of us and literally hugs us (we trained her to give hugs... around the neck). We already fear when she won't be around. We will all be a disaster.

I've had fish die on me. Trying to get the ammonia level stable is what makes me cry.

It's a sad thing to do when you have to put down a pet. I had to do the same thing with my guinea pig earlier this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom