hacking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chankama said:
I don't like script kiddies.. They piss me off.. Simply b/c they think they are good when they don't even know the basics.. Anyone can download some program off the net and click a button. But, it takes perseverence to expose holes.. And a certain amount of talent too.. One thing that I firmly believe, and I am presuming other people as well, is that it takes a lot more talent to "make" something safe than to "break" something.. Which is clearly understandable..

So a hacker is not necessarily smarter than the person who just got broken.. Chances are if the hacker tried to make something, he'd get pawn'd as well ;)..

I agree. Crashing a server because you pinged it is not hacking - its just plain stupid. Right on the same level as the bonehead who peels out his mom's Chevy Lumina in the school parking lot.

love the stories. unfortunately i was never able to hack any servers and mess with school crap. luckily I still have 3 years left. ;) Perhaps I could learn a little and do a tiny little hack. I know that all the grades are kept in computers so..well I would never do that.

SO from what you guys are sayin it takes a lot of hours to learn all these programs inside out and then find little holes that I can attack with. That's much too time consuming for me...all though I would like to learn the programs inside out.

Not hours buddy... YEARS!!! You have to learn several programming languages and teach yourself this stuff. You have to learn how to find exploits, and then how to exploit them.

And dont do it at school. You get caught messing with the network, you WILL get expelled!

When I was in high school, they had our networked locked down like nobodies buisness. They even took away our right click ability! We couldnt even organize our personal folders! This kid I knew got to his folder through IE and was organizing it. Doing nothing malicious, just organizing his stuff. The moron computer teacher we had (a real idiot, she taught kids to such down the computer by holding the pwr button until a hard shutdown) caught him and said he was hacking the firewall. He got suspended for 5 days because of it.

Point is: Do NOT mess with someones network, they will do everything in their power to screw you as best they can for it.

lol, i wouldn't really have the balls to hack hardly anything, especially my school. That is just sometin I wish I could do. I might try to learn a few programs in and out but that would be about all i do.

Computer teachers that existed when I went to school were utter retards.. Hopefully its better now :-\

You know what we did for grade 13 computer science?.. DFDs and software life cycles.. wtf?.. At that age, don't ya think its useful to improve you PROGRAMMING???!.. Formal guidelines for software design is obviously important.. But NOT at the high school level.. Not that its harder than programming, its not. But not very essential to beginner programmers (not me of course :p )..

Chankama said:
Computer teachers that existed when I went to school were utter retards.. Hopefully its better now :-\

You know what we did for grade 13 computer science?.. DFDs and software life cycles.. wtf?.. At that age, don't ya think its useful to improve you PROGRAMMING???!.. Formal guidelines for software design is obviously important.. But NOT at the high school level.. Not that its harder than programming, its not. But not very essential to beginner programmers (not me of course :p )..

You know what they taught when I was in high school? WordPerfect. My school district was a good eight years behind everyone else. When I got to college everyone I was in class with has some high level programming under their belt. But the football team got new uniforms...

Snump said:
You know what they taught when I was in high school? WordPerfect. My school district was a good eight years behind everyone else. When I got to college everyone I was in class with has some high level programming under their belt. But the football team got new uniforms...

man that sounds exactly like my school. football > learning, even when your team sucks. but luckily the chemistry teacher eventually decided she wanted to have programming classes, so we learned FORTRAN and Pascal on Apple //e's. yeah, that's all we had. mind you, this was like 1995/1996. although, this same teacher refused to use anything but punch cards to save her data. :)

My school = gay ****s, we can't right click at all on the machines. They disabled most of the icons except IE, outlook, and paint. Our school no longer has any programming class's either. Wanna know the reason for our loss in programming class's?? A new football field, oh and the new cheerleading outfits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom