hacker school

Status
Not open for further replies.
csamuels said:
personally, i'd say a majority of high school students only want to break machines. I know thats what i wanted to do when i was younger and i hear from youngin's regularly "i got their passwords and brought down the network". Now, i just want to punch these kids in the throat cus i could be the guy trying to fix the problem. But hey, if you wanna learn computers to be a white hat, i would highly encourage it. The earlier you start, the better off you could be.

if i was young again, I'd try to learn a programming language. I would find that skill very useful later in life.

no offense but be a lil glad these "youngins" mess up computers without them messing them up most ppl would be out of jobs. alot of jobs.. kinda like ciggerattes could the world really just stop making them think bout the economy itd drop so fast.. but ne how thats out of the box :D im not saying smoking is good or bad so dont take it like that plz.. im just saying think bout what it does first
and programming... i cant get a decent compiler to work for me so i cant really but i can still try i guess

no the true hackers out there are the ones that create jobs, the youngins who claim to be hackers that get ahold of a password somehow don't do crap.

People like kevin mitnick is what creates security jobs ;)

....would there be a need for security if there weren't "youngins" which i hate that word btw.. its not only young ppl

when i got into the casual teachers account it was something like this:

user: casual

pass: teacher

then it was changed to

pass: school

then it was changed to

pass: (name of school)

Stupid huh?

as far as i know, the password hasnt changed. I might go to the admin, and say, you should really change the casual password to something a bit more secure.

he might ask how u know.. maybe u should just leave him a lil note or something. ppl in my school would have ur head for it trust me. they are strict and stupid.. tell our principal her password is to insecure she'd have me suspended for finding it out
just a suggestion

Harper said:
I have been amazed on how stupid some people's passwords are.

Like my house mate that is currently on the dole. He walked into employment agentsy.
NAME : Administrator
PASSWORD : (name of employment agentcy)

And you can do some rather scary things with a laptop and wireless card in Martin Place Sydney.
For those people that don't know, Martin Place is the core of Sydney's Central Business District. It also has all the head offices for all the major banks down here. However with all that being sead, Network Security is a 2nd thought to some of these people.

Really, someone could retire before they ever work :D

When it comes down to it, I think that the fact people forget their passwords, don't back up data is a way that some of us make money.

One person had like 1000-2000 pictures from a wedding and a vast amount of .mp3's on a HDD and was locked out by W2k. I got into linux, copied it over, rebuilt, and made about $100 on the deal. It was pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom