Hack Apple iPhone

Bingo, and I'm glad I'm not the only person who uses that word :p

Isn't the entire point that the data is useless while encrypted? Sure apple could provide that (encrypted) data, but fat lot of good it'd do anyone.

+1

They can be handed the data unencrypted, the whole point is the gov wanting Apple to hand them a backdoor access so they don't need to ask for permission anymore.

The problem with that theory is this: If the FBI supposedly has the ability to decrypt the data on the phone and, as you say, has already done so then they wouldn't need Apple to do anything. That would mean they already have the capability to get what they want without Apple's intervention and wouldn't even need to ask for this access. So, unless it's a facade, there's no point to it. I honestly don't think they can get at the data and that's why they are asking with a court order and all.

+1

The problem with that theory is this: If the FBI supposedly has the ability to decrypt the data on the phone and, as you say, has already done so then they wouldn't need Apple to do anything. That would mean they already have the capability to get what they want without Apple's intervention and wouldn't even need to ask for this access. So, unless it's a facade, there's no point to it. I honestly don't think they can get at the data and that's why they are asking with a court order and all.
You got that backwards. I had said several times they most likely already got the data from Apple unencrypted or they have the ability to hence the topic of subpoena. The court order is an excuse for them to get a backdoor. It takes them nothing to get a court mandated order for non-terrorists for retrieval of data and even cops can look at your cell phone legally in some states after you get into a wreck to make sure you weren't on your phone. The only reason this is even a thing is because they want a backdoor and Apple said no. It's 100% literally all this is about.

Just like all the other first world countries do...oops did I say that out loud? :p

In all seriousness though, pretty much any government these days is at best unreliable and self serving, and at worst actively damaging to the forward movement of a country as a whole. It's depressing :/

I'd like to predict that soon a new kind of "country" is going to take shape, one that's far less about centralised management per se and more about what democracy attempts.
We're seeing the beginnings in things like online petitions/polls; once more power/traction is gained by platforms like this, the role of the government becomes more a hinderance than anything useful.

I've always admired Ron for his statements about the U.S. and government
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
Ronald Reagan
40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves.

People don't start wars, governments do.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.

The best minds are not in government. If any were, business would hire them away.

The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'

To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will.

History teaches that wars begin when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap.
Ronald Reagan, Address to the Nation, Jan 16, 1984
This was the president of the United States telling the American people not to trust in their government......
musta been a smart fellow

Last edited:
This whole thing is bull****. So the FBI screwed up, and now they want to try and force Apple to correct their mistakes? Screw that.

Back
Top Bottom