Green Peace Thinks Gaming is bad for the environment

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree. there is always something wrong with everyone else to a lot of these "green" guys. but they are never ever guilty of the crime themselves. hmmmmmmmm.

I think it is important to be careful of what we do to the environment...

However, I don't think they are looking at the benefits of electronics to the environment. Computers, for example, vastly reduce the "paper trail" for everything from online banking to corporate email and processes.

In terms of gaming, I suppose that consoles, etc take a LOT of energy to run and that a game console is lower on the list of "needs." However, I wonder what is better for the environment: Me playing an online game with a buddy for a couple hours, from my home. Or, driving 30 minutes, two ways, to go for a visit...

I also wonder where they get the statistic that it takes "14 power stations" to run the game consoles of the world. It seems like they took the number of units sold of the 3 consoles and multiplied that by their respective power consumption and took an average of how much a typical power plant outputs. I don't know about you guys, but I don't play my PS3 and Wii 24/7/365.

Of course I'm not condoning purposely polluting the environment, however I think this global warming and electronic pollution is a crock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom