GREAT! what do i do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabloII

Fully Optimized
i broke the plug for my headset and half of it is stuck wayyy inside the audio jack and i can't pull it out of my DFI lanparty nf4 ultra-d

what should i do to get it out? i don't have anything special and don't have the time to waste (for at least 2 weeks O_O) to go out and buy something that can help me get it out (because i wanna use my other headphones, and i can't stick it in because the other part of the headphone's jack is inside)

and nothing dangerous please :D

thank you

........how did you manage to do that exactly?

I have no idea what you'd be able to stick in that tiny thing that will be strong enough to be able to grip on that piece and pull it out.

lol i'm gonna try anything tomorrow to get it out

well basically it was already broken once the day before, but i bent it back

the second day i did the same thing (the cord for my senn hd497's are long as ****)...the cord was somehow wrapped around my leg and when i get up to get the phone or to take a leak or something i forgot, i pull on the cord pretty hard and half of the plug comes out O_O

Good, this gives you an excuse to get a better headset and an x-fi. :)

PM me if you would like advice in what headset to get.

depending on the motherboard, sometimes you can expose the jack's insides and then you can pull back the contacts to free the plug.

SOMETIMES that works. Other times, either spend a few hours with a tweezer or buy a soundcard.

I think you guys underestimate the smallness of the audio port. I don't think I've ever seen a pair of tweezer that'd actually fit down into that thing, have enough room to be able to close down on an object inside and pull it out.

you can take the other half, get a toothpick and some super glue, dab a very very very very little amount on the one half and put it in, let it dry and try to pull it out.

but i would just do what apokalipse said.

I have an onboard module for the DFI UT NF4 ultra-D mobo so you can just buy that off of me :p

put your mouth to the back of the computer and suck really hard on the audio port. if you're not able to get it out then get your mom to try, i bet she'd be better at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom