The Great Donor show

Status
Not open for further replies.

mssssee2

Graphic Designer
The Netherlands BNN chanel is going to host the great donor show which is a reality about a woman who dies and is going to give in one of the three kidney patients her own kidney when she dies. She and the spectators who will send an sms are going to select in which one will she give her kidney. I and millions of people in europe are opposed to that show which is the total violation of human rights. The production says that this way people will be sensitized in donoring organs. I believe that is the worst way to do that, cause no one is able enough to choose who must live or die. Unfortenately, the production won't stop the launch of the show which is on this Friday and the European Union comission hasn't tried to stop that show and only have named it as an exceedingly extreme show.

BNN always comes up with crazy ideas. The founder of BNN was very sick and received a donor kidney himself, that's probably what inspired them.
Bart de Graaff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
43995_3d89be.jpg

3.jpg

Maybe I'll watch it and let you guys know what it was like.

BTW, it should be "a Dutch channel", not "a Netherlands channel".

The point behind the show was to raise the awareness about the shortage of organ donors in the region.... Why would that be stupid?

-Organ Donor :love:

Well, you can not blame Reality TV for BS to the rest of the world. Like what little of it I have seen, I am convinced that over 50% of it is staged or scripted.

However my real complaint is that whether or not reality TV has step too far with ths one. Sure, the producers might have good intensions of bringing up awareness for lack of donars. However i find that the idea of making a game show where the winner gets the organ is a bit off.

However i find that the idea of making a game show where the winner gets the organ is a bit off.

That was the whole point behind the show, to stir up contraversy and bring the issue into the spotlight.

I wonder how much effect this had (if any) on the lack of donors.

During the show, they kept reminding the viewers where/how to sign-up to become a donor.

They showed the lives of the three patients. I'm sure many people will become donor now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom